Guest AlanG Guests Posted 22/09/03 06:47 AM Posted 22/09/03 06:47 AM After what has felt like an eternity, I finally have my GT (manual, white, stripes, premium sound, sunroof and mats) actually it took just over 3 months. I actually picked up the car at the end of August, but I've had a few issues (oil leaks, exhaust problems) to sort through. Pictures can be found hereI'll hopefully have some better pics once I give her a good clean and spent some real time behind the wheel.ThanksAlanG
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 22/09/03 08:59 AM Posted 22/09/03 08:59 AM Looks good Al,The blue stripes go well with the white, looks cool. Did you think of the Shelby stripe (thick stripe with a little band top and bottom)?And congratulations on getting your beast! B)
Guest matchew Guests Posted 22/09/03 09:51 AM Posted 22/09/03 09:51 AM Alan, my personal favorite colour/stripe combo. Extremely jealous, I hope they sort your problems out quickly. what exhaust problem did it have??
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 22/09/03 10:03 AM Posted 22/09/03 10:03 AM Looks awesome Al, these are the sort of pics l was looking for when we were picking a colour but couldnt find. Does the car meet your expectations? l think ours has exceeded mine, l am blown away by how much fun it is to drive, the motor is sooo sweet.What was up with the exhaust? Thankfully our car hasnt had one probem no matter how minor yet (touch wood)Cheers Simon
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 22/09/03 10:54 AM Posted 22/09/03 10:54 AM Awesome!!!I think the original GT stripe would look great in between the wheel arches...however...Some Le Mans stripes (pair of stripes going over hood, roof and onto trunk would look awesome) would be reminiscant of a modern day Cobra!
rjn Legacy Donating Member 90 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: Sydney Posted 22/09/03 11:21 AM Posted 22/09/03 11:21 AM Sensational, but looking for better piccies though........Maybe try some daylight next time??
Guest AlanG Guests Posted 23/09/03 09:37 AM Posted 23/09/03 09:37 AM Overall I am happy with the car, it just I thought the issues I had would have been picked up in the pre-delivery (oil leak from the rear main seal, power steering fluid leak and loose exhaust where the extractors meet the catalytic converter ?) I was so relieved to finally get the car and then I had to give it back a matter of hours later !!! As for the stripes, I'm pretty happy with the standard ones for now, who knows what I could be talked into down the track !!!!AlanG
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 22/10/03 03:09 PM Posted 22/10/03 03:09 PM That looks stunning!! nice
HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 9m 1d Location: Tasmania Posted 23/10/03 04:08 AM Posted 23/10/03 04:08 AM Looks nice. Thinking about the sunroof option myself! The car I test drove had a wind noise over the seal about 80 kph. Just sounded like a part of the seal wasn't flush! Interested to know what you think of yours?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now