XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/07/06 12:29 PM Posted 08/07/06 12:29 PM Just to let you all know that the BA handbrake saga may have finally come to an end! On Friday I had my drive shaft seals replaced and in the process my handbrake was also fixed. I was told that 2 weeks ago for released a fix for the BA handbrake. My handbrake never worked and always used to make a scraping noise. The fix is a revised version of the handbrake spring mechanism that sits in the rear hubs.So far so good! The handbrake engages really nice and the car does not move what so even. Also the scraping noise has gone.Hopefully this is the end of handbrake adjustments!
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/07/06 12:31 PM Posted 08/07/06 12:31 PM good to hear that its all working again
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/07/06 12:41 PM Posted 08/07/06 12:41 PM Yes it's true...I posted up a few weeks ago that there is now a TSB regarding the handbrake issues in the sedans.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/07/06 12:46 PM Posted 08/07/06 12:46 PM Yes it's true...I posted up a few weeks ago that there is now a TSB regarding the handbrake issues in the sedans.←Fantastic. I have a reason to go back to Ford now lol
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/07/06 01:08 PM Posted 08/07/06 01:08 PM Until today there was nothing wrong with my handbrake shoes.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 09/07/06 03:10 AM Posted 09/07/06 03:10 AM WELL ITS ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME!!!!!!but the sad(good I think) thing is there is nothing really wrong with my car at the moment (other than tail shaft vibration that they cant fix) to warrant going back..Just on another note how good is the forum since the little updates.. GREAT WORK!!!!!
bjcrown Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 20y 11m 16d Posted 09/07/06 10:17 PM Posted 09/07/06 10:17 PM So does this TSB fix the "shh shh" noise whilst travelling?
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 11/07/06 11:01 AM Posted 11/07/06 11:01 AM The service guy gave me a massive lecture about not using the handbrake while moving, not even at walking speed...All I did was ask him why it made a big bang noise when I put it on if the car was rolling and off he went... " dont ever do that, la la blah blah " Ended up telling me some bollocks about it being normal and some other assorted dribble. So its not ok to make banging, scraping noises hey.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 11/07/06 11:06 AM Posted 11/07/06 11:06 AM One of the reasons for having the thing is an emergency brake for if your normal system fails. bang clunk - crash.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 11/07/06 11:11 AM Posted 11/07/06 11:11 AM exactly! that's what I told him... then he turned into " we have your car so do what I say " type guy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now