Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 05:17 AM Posted 02/01/06 05:17 AM Just as the title says.I am going to remove it tomorrow to see if I like it or not and was wondering if the paint under the spoiler legs was a different shade.Also a year ago when I bought my car I had ford spray on that paint protector stuff. Does anybody know if it is like a clear coat or something that comes off after a long time.Any advise would be great. CheersAdrian
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 22y 7d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 02/01/06 05:26 AM Posted 02/01/06 05:26 AM Just as the title says.I am going to remove it tomorrow to see if I like it or not and was wondering if the paint under the spoiler legs was a different shade.Also a year ago when I bought my car I had ford spray on that paint protector stuff. Does anybody know if it is like a clear coat or something that comes off after a long time.Any advise would be great. LEAVE IT ONCheersAdrian<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 02/01/06 05:34 AM Posted 02/01/06 05:34 AM When I took the spoiler off to change it to the AWC legs, the paint colour was exactly the same just a little dirty around the edges. Depending on the age of the car and the colour there may be some fading but a quick polish should fix that.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 05:35 AM Author Posted 02/01/06 05:35 AM Please dont start this thread as a "leave it on" or "take it off" disagreement.Ive heard it all before.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 05:38 AM Author Posted 02/01/06 05:38 AM (edited) When I took the spoiler off to change it to the AWC legs, the paint colour was exactly the same just a little dirty around the edges. Depending on the age of the car and the colour there may be some fading but a quick polish should fix that.Thanks for your imput 72.The part im more worried about is the paint protection that they put on.Anyone had any experience.I remember someone about 6 months ago who took there car to a panel beater to buff it all off.I was wondering if it lasts forever or if it disappears with washes.ThanksAdrian Edited 02/01/06 05:39 AM by Adrian6T
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/01/06 06:10 AM Posted 02/01/06 06:10 AM (edited) The part im more worried about is the paint protection that they put on.Anyone had any experience.I remember someone about 6 months ago who took there car to a panel beater to buff it all off.I was wondering if it lasts forever or if it disappears with washes.ThanksAdrianAdrian,A few years ago when I worked for a big Expensive Daewoo yard I used to see them put the paint and fabric protection on brand new and used cars, them smart shield packs they sell you (biggest rip off!!). The paint protection is just a Teflon passed coating they put on your paint, it goes on just like wax with an application pad and then they buff it with a rag. No spraying involved. The fabric protection is just some chemicals in a spray bottle that they spray on your seats etc. The entire process takes about 25-30min max per car. So if I was you I would not be worried at all!When you do remove your spoiler there is most likely to be some dirt around and under where the legs were! And I forgot to add, yes it does wash out after a while just like any teflon based wax coating. They recomend that you re-apply the stuff every couple of years or something. But I recon just get some Gold Class Wax and it is the same.Good luck Edited 02/01/06 06:13 AM by XtRmn8
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 06:25 AM Author Posted 02/01/06 06:25 AM Thanks very much for that XtRmn8 looks like its coming off then.CheersAdrian
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 06:56 AM Author Posted 02/01/06 06:56 AM (edited) Well....Some at the ford factory decided to over tighten the nuts which caused the top of the boot to bend up under the legs for the wing. Looks like im gonna look for a new bootlid.Either im gonna get and original ford bootlid badgeless or the AWC bobtail bootlid. What do you recon?? Maybe someone wants to swap (Lightining STrike Please). Edited 02/01/06 06:56 AM by Adrian6T
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/01/06 11:18 AM Posted 02/01/06 11:18 AM That sucks! Go to a dealer and speak to the used car manager and ask if he wants a free spoiler. I am sure they will have a XT, Futura or Fairmont on the lot that will be same coulour boot lid that is not sratched. I did the same but I did it when I bought the car and they were more then happy to do a swap with a car that had no spoiler.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 02/01/06 02:49 PM Author Posted 02/01/06 02:49 PM That sucks! Go to a dealer and speak to the used car manager and ask if he wants a free spoiler. I am sure they will have a XT, Futura or Fairmont on the lot that will be same coulour boot lid that is not sratched. I did the same but I did it when I bought the car and they were more then happy to do a swap with a car that had no spoiler. Great idea. Will check out tomorrow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now