3" (75mm) Geea style CAI done last night.

• Member For: 19y 7m 13d

Hello to all,

I got into the Ute last night and fitted a 3" (75mm) ID CAI.

It was a tight squeeze, but by removing the LH headlight bolts, including the on up inside the inner guard (deadset mongrel to get onto) the headlight came foward far enough to allow the flex tube to fit.

I got the tube from Clarke Rubber , it was about $40 per meter, I got a meter to be sure I had enough.

I got the flange fitting from Home Hardware, it is a gallvanized guttering fitting that tapers from 70mm to 75mm with 6 mm flange on the big end, it was about 3" long so I cut it back to 1 1/4".

I ran the tube up from the Lower grill, behind the fog light, up beside the washer bottle, and out through the now larger gap between the haedlight and front radiator support panel.

stainless hose clamp to secure and bobs your aunty, Job done.

Also fitted the K&N Air filter I got off ebay the other night for $67. + $10 postage, it also came with a new recharge kit.

post-34-1095832078.jpg

Edited by Eugene

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 7m 13d

from the front,

I am now making a plate to hold the hose in position, further back than it is in the photo, it will mount to the bolt just above the tube, it should be done tonight.

I did a run to Syney on the weekend before the mod and got 11.2 lt/100k 365km of highway and city driving. dash display said 12.4lt average

New avaerge for today, (I have only donE 300km), same fuel same load, dash display now says 11.1 lt/per 100.

I will let you know tommorow when I fill up again how it went for economy.

I definitaly pulls harder, where it would start to die around 5400rpm and be flat by 5600-5700rpm, it now pulls clean to 5700-5800rpm, maybe it my imagination, but it feels better up top, no noticable difference down low, but my car only has 3800km on it so we will wait and see.

Centre muffler comes out either tommorow, or early next week.

post-34-1095833040.jpg

Edited by Eugene

Nice to see a keen worker,good on ya mate!!!

Ive done the same thing,but stopped under the headlight.

I figured if its good enough for the V8s,then its a bonus for the T

I cut my pipe at 45 degrees so the front of it is up to the grill,and the top is near the light,so you cant see anything :smilielol:

vik

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 11d
I am now making a plate to hold the hose in position

I used a little AC duct holder, works a treat.

Scotty

• Member For: 20y 10m 9d

That might explain why my Fuel economy dropped from 14.3 to 11.8 in the last month after I fitted the exact same pipe and K&N.

I noticed much better off boost torque and stronger top end too. Especially in the cold. Also you could feel the air rushing in the snorkle like a vacuum cleaner before the mod, now you can barely feel it because the potential difference across the two intakes more or less is halved. So its gotta be a good thing!

Can't wait to get my centre muff removed now!