Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hello Guys,

K, recently relocated from South Africa, and got myself a new F6 Tornado.

UTE came with Prestige sound, and monocolor LCD.

I want to assemble a decent carputer, and install 8" LCD with touchscreen. All components on their way.

What I need to know is if there is a difference between ICC's for Prestige-, and Premium sound? Can I drive say for example, premium soundsystem's color LCD off the prestige's ICC?

And where can I find decent wiring diagrams, or at least ideas of what connectors/pins on the ICC goes where?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

MrBean.

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Mr Bean if I may stray of topic momentarily, you had some big plans for your car when you first appeared, how is it all going?

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hey Scotty,

Hehe - things were slow, as the purchase of my UTE got delayed. I finally picked up the F6 on past Friday, 6th of Oct 2006, so now I can proceed.

I will eventually assemble an Atomic shortblock, have a bullet-proof bottom end, and boost around 17-18psi into the setup. Will fit larger intercooler, injectors, Capa Edit, and a few other odds and ends.

For now, I want to focus on the interior, getting dead-reckoning GPS sorted, based on uBlox module with Murata Gyro.

Same with Carputer, going to use my spare Conroe 6400 cpu, have Kingmax DDR-II 533 memory, and 2x Slimline DVD-Rom dual-layer drives, as well as a couple harddrives.

Might use spare 60gig Laptop drive to conserve power, and minimize heat in LC19 enclosure.....

Have to sort through a few things, eg pinouts for ICC, and then I need to study the Premium Color LCD, to see how they're controlling the overlay function, I know it's switched on/off externally, but I am not sure if there is a seperate control-line to the lcd itself to allow this dual-display function.

I am not using stock color screen from Ford, rather a 8" Ebay special.

Screen should be ok as it supports NTSC mode as well, so should be compatible to the ICC - if this ICC can support color lcd....

Hope to receive some feedback from the knowledgeables :)

Thanx for your input, will keep you posted.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I dont know if this is what your asking but, I know a guy who got the premium sound screen for his standed non colour screen and when he fininshed getting it all mounted he relised that because of the climate control and aircon settings(or some thing like that) of the premium sound it did not work with the setup of his car.

Ill try and find specifics for you if that's what your talking about.

Cheers Michael

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

@ Michael: Yes, that is the info I am after, sounds to me like the ICC's are different, but my UTE already have 6-CD stacker, but mono-color LCD.

So I am thinking that Prestige-sound's ICC unit same as std sound, and that Premium sound's ICC is unique....

Did his Color-LCD work at all, displaying at least something, although not his Aircon-controls etc?

And what std sound/icc option did he have, and tried to upgrade to color LCD to?

Your input would be appreciated.

Otherwise, if this info is available in the Ford Workshop manual, I may just as well buy the damn thing :(

Could use the money better elsewhere though....

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ill track the post down and post it soon, tonight or tomorrow

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hey mate this is what the guy posted, hope it helps.

This is just for anyone wanting to swap their standard BAXR ICC unit for a Premium ICC. The majority of you may already know this but for those new to the audio side of motoring keep this in mind for future reference.

I recently purchased a premium ICC with 6 in dash CD & LCD screen out of a BA Fairmont without doing any homework.

The premium ICC can be installed to replace the standard ICC but you will lose operation of your Aircon & Heating because of the Auto Climate Control on the Premium ICC.

To run the Climate control you need the Auto Climate Control module installed inside the dash which is why I didn't make the purchase, these modules cost $1770 which doesn't include testing & labour.

The 2nd problem is the LCD screen will not give you the opportunity to run a DVD player as it's only a pretty color screen and that's all, only the TFT screen will allow this option.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Thanx for the feedback Vpurv4, this will certainly help me a little.

Can you link me to the thread, please?

Seems I will have to make another plan though.....

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Thanx for the feedback Vpurv4, this will certainly help me a little.

Can you link me to the thread, please?

Seems I will have to make another plan though.....

I would but I dont know how to lol not that good with a PC. its also from another forum. :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...