Fg Xr6T Ute Is A Lemon

jtlemon

• Member For: 12y 9m 10d

I have an aftermarket exhaust on mine and it has none of these problems, however on cold starts it will vibrate quite hard for about 10-30 seconds, but that really bother me.

• Member For: 14y 11m 18d

I have an aftermarket exhaust on mine and it has none of these problems, however on cold starts it will vibrate quite hard for about 10-30 seconds, but that really bother me.

what sort of aftermarket exhaust did you put on yours chevZ and how much it cost?????

• Member For: 12y 9m 10d

what sort of aftermarket exhaust did you put on yours chevZ and how much it cost?????

I meant that doesnt really bother me, english fail! lol

um I bought ute with it on there but it looks twin 2.5" to me and previous owner said it was 1200

• Member For: 14y 10m 16d

This problem is so widespread with all FG Turbo ute's im surprised it hasn't been fixed.

I had this rectified at Strapp Ford in Burwood Vic. They insulated part of the handbrake cables and the noise was gone for a good 12 months. Its back now however.

The resonance from the exhaust manages to viabrate the hand brake cables and make that noise. If you pull the handbrake up when its happening you'll hear to disappear immediately.

There are not enough brackets holding this exhaust up and it moves too much. This is also why people who put custom exhausts on find the noise goes as well. Different mounting points and different characteristics of the exhaust noise.

You're ute's not a lemon, its just that Ford are skint and can't be arsed fixing the problem.

I recently had Q Ford in Brisbane try and convince me the noise was from worn handbrake shoes, and that adjusting them makes it go away. In reality, it makes the noise 50% less but now the handbrake doesn't hold as it should.

Wankers charged me $130 for it too, even though its still under warranty.

Ring Strapp Ford in Vic and ask how its fixed,

Edited by schmick325

• Member For: 14y 8m 28d

Good Morning,

I have had Ford look at the noise and they replaced a muffler under the glove box. This got rid of the noise, however the cause of the noise is still there, the car vibrates at approx. 500 or 550rpm. This has highlighted other smaller noises. I have also had people comment on this when in the car.

I will clean the car out soon (so Ford cant blame the pen in the glove box etc) and take it back.

Long and short, they fixed the noise but not the cause. Could this be a tunning issue.

Regards

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 22d

I think the problem is it's only doing 500-550rpm, bit low isn't it.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 8m 28d

I think the problem is it's only doing 500-550rpm, bit low isn't it.

Good question. I will check the RPM's on my car, the XR6's at work and my fathers G6E Turbo and see where they idle.

I'd like to think the mechanics at Ford would have looked at that.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 11d

Well my fg turbo ute has done just under 1500km and the diff is kactus,drops heaps of oil and its currently in getting the complete diff replaced by macinerney ford here in perth.

They have been awesome about it and gave us a free hire car, turns out the diff housing is porous so it wont hold oil.

A bit spewin because I havent even given it a hard time yet,havent even been near the redline.

Wouldnt call it a lemon although it does seem we get all the crap luck with cars(geez ive never heard of that happenng before) is what we usually get.

Hope there is no more issues

So if your in perth go to macinerneys in belmont because they are great to deal with,dont go to range ford because they are retarded.

Mind you we got treated like crap from range ford so we got a free dash mat,floor mats and a tonneau cover because they suck so bad :sungum:

Cheers

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 20d

Lol! Awesome score..was that through range or the other dealer giving you those for range piss poor service?

Edited by Shyfrd
  • Like 1