The Next Step

Trough Lolly

• Member For: 19y 7m 18d

well ive achieved what I think is a pretty damn good result considering what ive spent but im after the next level, with my current mods on octane boosted fuel I achieved 302.4rwkw with:

ASE Intercooler

3.5' Metalcat

2nd CAI under headlight

Custom tuned edit

K&N Filter

im after about 290-300 Daily map on BP Ultimate only and would like about 320-330 race map with boosted Ultimate.

what do you guys think would help me reach these numbers for the least amount of $$?

im thinking injectors and springs.

One thing I am getting VERY sick of is blowing my bottom cooler hose off ATLEAST 5 times a week when I hit boost... I want to get custom piping but my aim was always to keep under the bonnet completely stock to avoid un-necessary attention from the boys in blue.. not only that, but custom piping would be hard with my intercooler as both pipes come from the same side as the stocker does. and if I do run piping I still want to use my airbox, no pods for me plz.

so all in all what do you guys suggest could be the "next step"??

thanks. :spoton:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 23d

Probably best advice would come from your tuner but if you have stock injectors and valve springs that must surely be the next step...are you still happy with the ASE ic??

• Member For: 19y 7m 18d
Probably best advice would come from your tuner but if you have stock injectors and valve springs that must surely be the next step...are you still happy with the ASE ic??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I live in mildura so even the best of IC's is gunna struggle with the temps here, if I could chose again I wouldnt have went with the ASE cooler, the end tanks are ridiculous they need to make them 75-80mm thick instead of 92. that's why I had to grind so much away from my front beam :blink::gooff:

it works I guess, but I still get heat-soak between runs :blink:

• Member For: 21y 4m 2d

Why the need for larger injectors to reach 290-300rwkw on a daily driven map? Last time you alledgedly produced 302rwkw on the stock injectors you had this to say -

my afr's are good, my car dont ping, I still have my ding'a'ling so stop the winjing!!!

So...err...why waste money on injectors? By previous calculation bandied about here the factory injectors are good for 337rwkw at stock fuel pressure. All of which indicates you still have another 35rwkw of fuel flow left. Or so you would believe. :blink:

This thead could potentially confuse some of the genuine guys that are trying to understand how stuff works :blink:

Edited by AdamXR6T

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 23d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I live in mildura so even the best of IC's is gunna struggle with the temps here, if I could chose again I wouldnt have went with the ASE cooler, the end tanks are ridiculous they need to make them 75-80mm thick instead of 92. that's why I had to grind so much away from my front beam :blink::gooff:

it works I guess, but I still get heat-soak between runs :gooff:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I lived in Merbein years ago so I understand the heat problem :blink:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d
So whats octane booster going to do to the injectors potential to deliver fuel flow?

I'll save you the thinking time here.....NOTHING :blink:

I would have thought that more power would be potentially available from the fuel that was being supplied by the stock injectors.

Guess I'm wrong...