2003 Xr6 Auto stalled itself now won't crank!? Help

Kxrkz.yxthz

• Member For: 1m 4d

Was reversing it then out of no where it stalled now it won't crank it's like what happens when your key barrel breaks ignition comes on and everything I replaced The starter motor still nothing, the guy I brought it off said he problems sometimes with the coil packs and ignition barrel but even then with coil pack problem it should wind over yeah? 

And Yes I've tried the immobiliser reset it's not the immobiliser doesn't have 1 anyway so idk if it really could be the ignition switch or something else? Autos don't just stall and then won't crank

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5d

Start with the basics - often major symptoms end up being an easy fix. Yep, it would still crank if there was a bad coil.

Is the dash lighting up ok when you key on? All other electrics good? Battery good?
Check fuses
Check for any fault codes
Is there power at the starter solenoid when you turn the key to crank?

One thing I noticed recently when replacing the ignition switch is the only new option seems to be really cheap and made me wonder how long they would last. If someone previously has been messing around with the switch or ignition barrel that is definitely a good place to start looking!

If it is that (and it could be plenty of other things) I diagnosed mine with a multimeter or test light by back probing the wire connector on the ignition switch to confirm the right wires were lighting up when the switch was turned.