aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 18/03/04 07:34 AM Posted 18/03/04 07:34 AM During the Melbourne APS Plug-In Unichip Information Day, a demonstration of the spray patterns of different injector types was conducted on the APS injector test bench. This certainly raised the eyebrows of a good number of forum members who had not ever seen just how much injector spray patterns could vary.Certainly, all had a better understanding of the importance of using the correct injector construction.Information, pictures and video has been placed on the APS injector web page to assist those who could not attend on the day. The video graphically demonstrates the dual spray pattern of the Directional Quad Orifice injector (designed for the XR6T multivalve head) side by side with standard multi orifice (designed for single valve head) and the old fashioned pintle style injectors.The web page is http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/injectors.htmI hope that his helps clarify what can be a very confusing issue. RegardsAPS Web Team
Guest beloyg Guests Posted 19/03/04 07:30 AM Posted 19/03/04 07:30 AM can the injector pintels be changed cheers
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 19/03/04 07:35 AM Posted 19/03/04 07:35 AM Good information.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/03/04 07:42 AM Posted 19/03/04 07:42 AM I have done extensive research on the injectors for the XR6 Turbo. After all this research, which involved talking to Bosch Motorsport in Germany, I have located what I believe to be the best injector for use in modified XR6 Turbos. This injector is Bosch part number 0 280 155 968. Is this the same one that APS utilise or do they use a different one? This injector is out of a Volvo, possibly a V70R.Geea.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 3d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 20/03/04 03:09 AM Posted 20/03/04 03:09 AM Interesting Geea, seems like your research may have paid off!
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 20/03/04 03:33 AM Posted 20/03/04 03:33 AM Geaa.. good work...........
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 20/03/04 09:47 AM Author Posted 20/03/04 09:47 AM I have done extensive research on the injectors for the XR6 Turbo. After all this research, which involved talking to Bosch Motorsport in Germany, I have located what I believe to be the best injector for use in modified XR6 Turbos. This injector is Bosch part number 0 280 155 968. Is this the same one that APS utilise or do they use a different one? This injector is out of a Volvo, possibly a V70R.Geea.Sorry geea I cant confirm or deny the injector part numbers we utilise at APS, as I would be in breech of an agreeement we have with our supplier :( . I would like to say more on the injector issue though its not possible at this time. We do have the correct multi oifice 4 valve style injectors available in the APS phase I or II system other than his I cant assist you with injector only supply currenly. Close but no cigar! :lol: RegardsPeter
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 20/03/04 11:54 AM Posted 20/03/04 11:54 AM I don't need supply. I can get these injectors for $115 + GST each through a friend. They are the highest flow rate injectors OEM that have the same characteristics as the standard Ford injectors that Bosh make. I also had a quote of $235 each + freight, this was over the phone from Repco. There are only 3 OEM injectors that Bosch have with the same specs as the Ford item with higher flow rates.These are the higher flow rate injectors. The 0 280 155 830 is out of a Volvo V70 and the 968 is out of a Volvo aswell I think its the V70R.Bosch Part Number: Flow rate (ccm/min at 2.7 bars) alpha-angle beta-angle delta-angle 0 280 156 124.......................295,47........................20°...................8°....................90° 0 280 155 831.......................328,67.........................20°..................10°..................90° 0 280 155 830........................361,94........................20°..................10°...................90°0 280 155 968.......................429,97..........................20°.................10°...................90° I understand and respect that APS have confidentiality agreements. I also appreciate the information that APS is able to share with us so that we can understand our turbo's better.Geea. :hiwelcome:
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/03/04 12:17 PM Posted 20/03/04 12:17 PM I don't need supply. I can get these injectors for $115 + GST each through a friend. They are the highest flow rate injectors OEM that have the same characteristics as the standard Ford injectors that Bosh make. I also had a quote of $235 each + freight, this was over the phone from Repco. There are only 3 OEM injectors that Bosch have with the same specs as the Ford item with higher flow rates.These are the higher flow rate injectors. The 0 280 155 830 is out of a Volvo V70 and the 968 is out of a Volvo aswell I think its the V70R.Bosch Part Number: Flow rate (ccm/min at 2.7 bars) alpha-angle beta-angle delta-angle 0 280 156 124.......................295,47........................20°...................8°....................90° 0 280 155 831.......................328,67.........................20°..................10°..................90° 0 280 155 830........................361,94........................20°..................10°...................90°0 280 155 968.......................429,97..........................20°.................10°...................90° I understand and respect that APS have confidentiality agreements. I also appreciate the information that APS is able to share with us so that we can understand our turbo's better.Geea. :hiwelcome: go you good thing.Scotty
steven131 Legacy Donating Member 80 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Frankston Nth,Vic Posted 20/03/04 03:03 PM Posted 20/03/04 03:03 PM $115.00 plus gst you would be better to get them from APS.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now