CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 16/03/04 11:37 AM Posted 16/03/04 11:37 AM 3500rpm stall you say - just look at the C&V car, enough said.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 16/03/04 11:31 PM Author Posted 16/03/04 11:31 PM I would suggest a 2500rpm convertor is a waste of time considering that the standard convertor is 2200rpm. I would suggest getting at least a 3000rpm convertor, otherwise you are just wasting your money.Personally I would go for a 3500rpm convertor and a beefed up auto transmission cooler to go along with it. I might go with a 3000 stall actually. I already have a bigger oil cooler and my trans is getting beefed up also. I have had enough of worrying about my standard auto!!
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 16/03/04 11:33 PM Posted 16/03/04 11:33 PM Yea 3000 would be a decent compromise between extreme driveability and outright performance, 3500 would be more of a drag convertor as witnessed with the C&V car.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 16/03/04 11:34 PM Author Posted 16/03/04 11:34 PM so with a stall speed set on 3000 will the car feel much different on the hwy??and when taking off without the foot on the brake will I notice much of a difference to when the car was standard?
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 17/03/04 01:54 AM Posted 17/03/04 01:54 AM And here I thought the stall converter was the device that converts low speed driving into zero RPM so that your car stops dead at an intersection and you get rear ended... and Ford still can't fix the problem. :hiwelcome:
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 17/03/04 02:23 AM Posted 17/03/04 02:23 AM And here I thought the stall converter was the device that converts low speed driving into zero RPM so that your car stops dead at an intersection and you get rear ended... and Ford still can't fix the problem. Scootre,that'd be hysterical if it wasn't so serious.Scotty
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 23/03/04 08:58 AM Posted 23/03/04 08:58 AM And here I thought the stall converter was the device that converts low speed driving into zero RPM so that your car stops dead at an intersection and you get rear ended... and Ford still can't fix the problem. Scootre,that'd be hysterical if it wasn't so serious.Scotty Hey I ain't laughing. I'm in for the B30 flash tomorrow.FoMoCo are already on notice that they will be held responsible if I have an incident due to a stall. After the 13Ford guy played dumb for a few moments, I mentioned the threads on this forum. Suddenly, his understanding of English got better.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 23/03/04 09:10 PM Author Posted 23/03/04 09:10 PM Stall converters guys not Stalling issues!!!
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 24/03/04 09:26 AM Posted 24/03/04 09:26 AM Stall converters guys not Stalling issues!!! Hmmm, touchy on your own threads aren't we!!Scotty
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 24/03/04 09:09 PM Author Posted 24/03/04 09:09 PM Stall converters guys not Stalling issues!!!Hmmm, touchy on your own threads aren't we!!Scotty Not really!! I wish you all good luck with your stalling issues im sure it must be very frustrating. :(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now