loaded Member 77 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Location: sydney Posted 13/03/04 07:28 AM Posted 13/03/04 07:28 AM Just had my car dynoed today with 2500kms on the clock she pulled 192.6rwkw on shootout mode.Is that about the average result for the XR6T? I was very happy with that result.ThanksPeter
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 13/03/04 09:11 AM Posted 13/03/04 09:11 AM Hey Peter. The standard KW's vary from T to T purley because they are a mass produced car(I.e They are not built by hand). I was at the APS day today, and learnt alot in relation to this.Most T's seem to have a variance dependent on how tight or loose the engine is. This variance at RW can go from 185kw being the lower end to 205kw being at the higher end. SIC240's car was dynoed today and had 206kw, they indicated that this was one of the better ones they had seen. They then dynoed another T and it was 185kw, that's a big variance.It purley comes down to the car you have, it is also important to factor in things such as temp, dyno, which programme they used etc. APS indicated that you cannot compare T against T as it is not an even playing ground. What you need to do is compare your car against your car each time for improvements. You must ensure that it is on the same dyno, similar temps, tyre pressures etc as so you can compare any work you have done to it.Just remember do not compare your car against anyone elses as they will not be even. 195kw seems about the norm against other T I have heard about.I'm sure Peter from APS can help you out further.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 13/03/04 10:52 AM Posted 13/03/04 10:52 AM Hi Peter Had mine dyno standard before aps kit it pulled 193 from memory
jimmyboy Member 152 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Posted 13/03/04 11:03 AM Posted 13/03/04 11:03 AM my ute was dynoed, shoot out 6 190.3rwk
loaded Member 77 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Location: sydney Posted 13/03/04 12:55 PM Author Posted 13/03/04 12:55 PM Thanks guys,As always some logical responses to my question.Taking everything into account such as temp,dyno etc it seems that I have a good solid engine with average result.I think I can get some sleep now that I know that.Thanks againPeter
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 13/03/04 01:12 PM Posted 13/03/04 01:12 PM Hey gents, I got 198.8rwKW in my beastyand 265.4rwHP
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 13/03/04 01:14 PM Posted 13/03/04 01:14 PM and the other
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 14/03/04 12:30 AM Posted 14/03/04 12:30 AM Not doing too bad for a naturally aspirated BA XR6, our N/A's best result was 173.5rwkw. Would like to give it another run ans see what she's doing now that everything's more, 'run in'.
loaded Member 77 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Location: sydney Posted 17/03/04 11:23 AM Author Posted 17/03/04 11:23 AM I had a look at the dyno printout you provided Goose and in comparison to mine it's very smooth whereas my one goes up and down a lot.Does that indicate anything? Also the air fuel ratio was rather rich around 10.5.Peter
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/03/04 10:30 PM Posted 17/03/04 10:30 PM The question is, do you have an auto or manual?Top score for an auto, could do better if its a manual.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now