XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Location: NSW Posted 16/02/04 02:28 AM Posted 16/02/04 02:28 AM Mattson,What did you think of the performance of the T compared to your Rex. I have never drivin a WRX so would not know what they go like. I know they would handle a hell of a lot better with 4 wheel drive and weigh half as much as the T, but im talking seat of your pants stuff.Cheers,Greg
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 16/02/04 02:37 AM Author Posted 16/02/04 02:37 AM hmmm.. well compared to a stock rex I reckon the T would eat it straightline.but power is as good as my mildly modded wrxhandling when cruising around town is probably as good.. I didn't really push the test car too much.but for NVH it's every bit as good if not better in the noise area as the wrx.put it this way I strapped a ute my first test drive and when I took the sedan for a drive I just wanted to enjoy it.. so I only poked around I'll know in about 2 weeks when I get mine and put it through it's paces
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/02/04 02:55 AM Posted 16/02/04 02:55 AM Mattson,Great colour choice.After driving the rex, it may take a while to get used to a physically larger car, as it will feel very different. To be honest, the first 15 minutes I felt as if I was driving a tank.I bought a new MY03 (wife's car) the week before I got the Ford, and there's almost no difference in straight line acceleration between the MY03 and Ford T. You probably have an older rex (the latest ones are a lot quicker). The MY03 rex is quicker off the mark, the Ford catches it later.I think it took me about a week to get used to the Ford. Being used to the rex, you probably won't try to drive it as hard initially. It did surprise me just how well it does stick going around corners. After that you'll love it. Anyway, that was my experience.Brian
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 16/02/04 03:16 AM Posted 16/02/04 03:16 AM Which steve was your sales man.Ian
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Location: NSW Posted 16/02/04 03:56 AM Posted 16/02/04 03:56 AM The best of both world's hey brian :lol:
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 16/02/04 04:42 AM Author Posted 16/02/04 04:42 AM Steve Kamphuis was my sales guy.. good bloke, rang me back when he said he would, and gave me a great deal in the end I don't think I'll have trouble adjusting to the car, I've been around a lot of vehicles and before that a lot of bikes, change has always been one thing I can quickly get used to but all this talk doesn't help as It's still 8 days away
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 20/02/04 12:55 AM Author Posted 20/02/04 12:55 AM well the delays start!was due to arrive in QLD on the 22nd. now this has been pushed to the 26th!FFS I suppose I can no join the 'we've been jerked about by ford delivery date program' club.and I was looking forward to having it by next weekend :(
X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 10m 2d Location: BRISBANE Posted 20/02/04 11:12 AM Posted 20/02/04 11:12 AM a dearler up the coast but got a good price beat brisbane prices buy $1000 but its here pick it up saturday cant wait hope it lives up to the hype !!!!
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 24/02/04 04:24 AM Author Posted 24/02/04 04:24 AM *WOOOT*Best news I've had all day, my dealer called to state my car was in transit as of yesterday, due to arrive in brisbane tomorrow morning! WOOHOO!! so all things considered I still should have it by the weekendSo very happy!!
3rdTurbo Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1 Member 202 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/04 05:14 AM Posted 24/02/04 05:14 AM *WOOOT*Best news I've had all day, my dealer called to state my car was in transit as of yesterday, due to arrive in brisbane tomorrow morning! WOOHOO!! so all things considered I still should have it by the weekendSo very happy!!Good options and colour Mattson!Brings back memories - I received my T on Fri 28th, 2003. Same colour and options as you except regular XR leather in place of sports, no GT wheel and a sunroof.After 1 year and 28,000km - "I can't get enough of this"! It's still a very impressive car. Hang in there, you're in the home stretch now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now