lambda09a New Member 14 Member For: 14y 10d Posted 07/01/15 06:32 AM Posted 07/01/15 06:32 AM My BA XR6 Turbo has an intermittent missfire at idle. It doesn't seem to do it much when it's cold but once it's warmed up it's really noticeable. When it's cold it hesitates going up my driveway which is on a reasonable incline. I usually stay in first (manual gearbox) and just take it easy and I can feel the car surging / missing as I go up the hill. I can hear the exhaust popping when standing at the back of the car and when sitting in the car at idle I can feel the car shaking. I can also feel a surging as I decelerate going down a hill in any gear which I have linked to the missfire aswell. I have had the plugs replaced and the coils replaced. Any suggestions?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/01/15 06:37 AM Posted 07/01/15 06:37 AM Judging by your symptoms in your post and the noises from the front end in your other topic you need to get the cam timing check.Shot in the dark would be timing chain guide is kaput and cam timing has skipped as a result.
lambda09a New Member 14 Member For: 14y 10d Posted 07/01/15 06:44 AM Author Posted 07/01/15 06:44 AM Thanks for the quick reply. If the cam timing had skipped would it usually be both cam gears skipped or just one and now it's running slack? Sometimes when I boost it makes a hell of a racket up there
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/01/15 06:47 AM Posted 07/01/15 06:47 AM Could be one, could be both. Either way it needs looking at.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 07/01/15 07:04 AM Posted 07/01/15 07:04 AM Set it on top dead centre and check.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now