ToXic BF Beast New Member 18 Member For: 11y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dee Why Posted 28/10/14 12:17 AM Posted 28/10/14 12:17 AM Hi guysI have this grinding / clunking sound that happens when I'm coming to a complete stop such as traffic lights / driveways / 3 pt turns.. It ONLY grinds & vibrates right as I'm about to stop,, so the last half a metre or so.(It's even louder in reverse)As soon as I accelerate It goes away & I don't hear it again until I come to another stop.If I brake quite hard or fast, it doesn't make the noise...-no warning lights are displayed- I ran a faults check with TORQUE + OBD2 scanner but only returned a "P1000 powertrain error".... Which apparently is normal for some fords?????My apologies if this has been answered, I'm a newb. I read all similar Q's on this forum but I got 48 diff theories which confused me more than I already am. I will post a link to the vid I just recorded, so u can hear for yourself. Or YouTube 'BF Xr6t grinding noise'Please help falcon dudes!
ToXic BF Beast New Member 18 Member For: 11y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dee Why Posted 28/10/14 01:18 AM Author Posted 28/10/14 01:18 AM Please have a listen to the vid & let me know what u thinkhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9tUeCSv6NM
newguy11 New Member 24 Member For: 15y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: Ossy Park Posted 28/10/14 02:36 AM Posted 28/10/14 02:36 AM front or rear of car?
ToXic BF Beast New Member 18 Member For: 11y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dee Why Posted 28/10/14 07:21 AM Author Posted 28/10/14 07:21 AM I just feel it in the pedals so Front I suppose
Pastor098 Member 5 Member For: 14y 1m 28d Posted 20/11/14 10:20 AM Posted 20/11/14 10:20 AM That video link for me isn't working. But I'm running with the theory that I'm getting the same clunking noise. Only when braking, only on a rare occasion, seem to be doing the same sort of thing you are when it happens too.Can you post the video link again so I can compare?
ToXic BF Beast New Member 18 Member For: 11y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Dee Why Posted 21/11/14 09:05 AM Author Posted 21/11/14 09:05 AM What's this noise?http://youtu.be/Vd3JSFapspM
Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/14 10:20 AM Posted 21/11/14 10:20 AM Have you changed pads or rotors recently? I have had similar noises in the past where I put new rotors In that didn't like the pad. They were not happy with each other as I didn't face the pads. No amount of bedding could get rid of it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now