genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 12d Posted 05/10/14 10:50 PM Posted 05/10/14 10:50 PM Hey guys, I have a g6e turbo with 320rwkw. I took it to the drags and got a best time of 12.2 launching @ 1,500RPM.I was afraid to go any higher incase I twist my tailshaft. im going to get mine upgraded, but I was wondering if theres anything that would be likelyto give up if I launch under boost?
Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 05/10/14 11:12 PM Posted 05/10/14 11:12 PM I have the tailshaft done in my G6 and a true trac. Without the true track and just tailshaft it ran 11.2 @ 127mph. It has since ran a best of 10.71 and best mph of 133 with nothing braking. I would think the ZF input will be the next to go. Good time too bud
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 12d Posted 06/10/14 02:49 AM Author Posted 06/10/14 02:49 AM stigmata, do you lanch off boost? how much power does your car have?
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 06/10/14 03:02 AM Posted 06/10/14 03:02 AM Pit Lane organized a tail shaft upgrade on my car and I did a 12.06 stalling it up to approx 2200 at somewhere about 3psi using just the foot brake. I didn't have a boost gauge at the time but do now and that's about what 2200 spins it up too.319kw and only out of the Pit Lane workshop for a few hours and about 30 years since the last time I went down the quater so was worried about stalling it up any more.Back to your question "anything that would be likely to give up if I launch under boost"one of the other guys that drag all the time will be able to give you a list of what they have had to replace after it broke on the strip.
Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 06/10/14 06:02 AM Posted 06/10/14 06:02 AM Hey Genx, the G6 is making 446rwkw. I stalled it up to around 2700 with hand brake and quick spike. Was on boost hard off the line. 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 12d Posted 06/10/14 08:50 AM Author Posted 06/10/14 08:50 AM so your input shaft is still intact after such a hard launch? very nice. mine should be ok with 322rwkw
Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 06/10/14 10:19 AM Posted 06/10/14 10:19 AM Would think so bud. There seems to be some variance in when they snap. Def get your tailshaft upgraded though!! 1
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/14 12:09 AM Posted 07/10/14 12:09 AM Very Very Very unlikely that your input shaft will snap at the drags (only every heard of one breaking) so the order of things to break are:-Tail shaftHalf ShaftsDiffInput shaft 1
Phoontastic Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 20y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 12/11/14 09:44 AM Posted 12/11/14 09:44 AM So Veva, is the fix for the diff the True Trac? Or is there something to do with the crownwheel and pinion?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now