Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast NSW
Posted

Hi peoples and merry christmas . Just wondering if anyone has any pics or tips installing a plazmaman cai ? Mines on its way ( picked it up near new for 250 ) not sure how easy or hard it will be as there is bugger all room . If no one posts I'll put up my dealings for any newbies ( like me ) if anyone wants a look ......

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast NSW
Posted

Well that didn't go as I planned , I had direct contact with plazmaman and they aid it was a direct fit to a stock car .... As I pulled it all out there is not enough room with sensor pipe . So I'm wondering how this a stock fit ? Obviously someone has had this happen before so what is needed next then ?

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Pics

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

Is it a battery side intake? If it is you probably need an intercooler kit to move other piping etc.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast NSW
Posted (edited)

there is no room for the cai at all so I guess its upgrade cooler/pipe time.sorry couldnt work out how to posts pics , I uploaded to photobucket and copied url but wont take it ? fk knows story of my day :)

Edited by phtmt6ute
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 8m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted (edited)

I was reading something last night on here. Plazmaman do a turbo side kit and you need a small battery to make it fit. Unsure if this is the kit you have. I'll find you the link so you can compare.

This is one I was reading about. There are pics a few posts down. If I have missed some info reading and posted the wrong thing.... It's because I am new to the forum and still learning about XR6 T's.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/86847-turbo-side-intake-without-battery-reloc/

Edited by FGMKII
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d
Posted

If its the same as the under battery that came with my rapid 2.1 kit then a smaller battery isn't going to make a difference unless you cut the steel that is holding th battery up? <br />

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d
Posted

It fits but it is very. Very... Very tight.<br />Not even a fraction of a millimeter.<br />1. Tear the whole front of the car off. There isn't an easy way to get this thing on.<br />2. Put the silicon piece on the turbo with the plasma man logo oriented as shown.<br />3. Cut the section of metal away that will be needed to clear the pod as shown.<br />4. Insert the s bend from the front through towards the turbo.<br />5. Swear.<br />6. Swear some more.<br />7. Have a coffee.<br />8. Try again. It does fit.<br />9. Do the rest of the intercooler and piping at the same time because youve already done a lot of hard yards so why not.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...