sandro_col Member 13 Member For: 12y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/11/13 09:52 AM Posted 17/11/13 09:52 AM HI sorry if this has already been posted, I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. My question is do you think it would be ideal replacing the air filter in my 2012 xr6 fg mk2 ute from stock or just leave it as is? Was hoping for some economy improvement but if they are barely noticeable then its probably not worth it.Thanks.
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 17/11/13 10:11 PM Posted 17/11/13 10:11 PM (edited) You'll get more induction noise. Slightly better spool. If the car is stock then I would leave it. The standard air filters have a smaller micron rating then k&n. If you do change to k&n ensure to keep it clean and oiled as the oil catches all the small particles. Just my 2cents. Edited 17/11/13 10:12 PM by AdamIan69
sandro_col Member 13 Member For: 12y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/11/13 09:39 AM Author Posted 19/11/13 09:39 AM (edited) You'll get more induction noise. Slightly better spool. If the car is stock then I would leave it. The standard air filters have a smaller micron rating then k&n. If you do change to k&n ensure to keep it clean and oiled as the oil catches all the small particles. Just my 2cents.Thanks AdamIan69 I think I will just keep it stock. thanks for the input! Edited 19/11/13 09:40 AM by sandro_col
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now