Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Would like to see it finished,makes more sense to go this way rather then putting on a XR8 bonnet

Ian,is that a Volvo about to run up your @rse :lol:

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
Next pic

Man that's a big wing on the back of your car, he he.

Scotty

Guest esky
  • Guests
Posted

I know everyone likes it, but I think it's :thumbsup:

Maybe some colour might change my mind. Umm no, on second thought, :thumbsup:

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Hmm.. Nope, not for me.

Guest Basher_tsv
  • Guests
Posted

I'd like to see an XR8 bonnet bulge modified to have a scoop intake at the front and vents on top .... that would look sweet IMO :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 13d
  • Location: riddells creek
Posted
I know everyone likes it, but I think it's :thumbsup:

Maybe some colour might change my mind. Umm no, on second thought, :o

what he said :o

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 16d
Posted
I'd like to see an XR8 bonnet bulge modified to have a scoop intake at the front and vents on top .... that would look sweet IMO :)

Its been done. See dynosteves car. I think they call it the shaker bonnet, I have seen it on a few XR8's. I would personally prefer the EF vents or XA style vents. I looked into this a while ago, but I didn't like the idea of somebody cutting holes in my bonnet! I was afraid it might warp some how and also they would have to respray it.

Posted

Sorry not my cup of tea,I am thinking,wondering what an XW scoop would look like. put it on the same side as the XWs is and it would blow straight on the turbo when driving,at rest the heat would vent strait out of it.

I would cut a bigger hole in the bonnet than the XWs had though, that was to small in my book,even though it was only for the brake booster.

vik

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 10d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Once it's painted I think it should look good and be practical for heat extraction too! It's a bit hard to tell without being painted raw fibreglass will always look a bit weird GOOD LUCK! Hurry with the photo's of the finished product you just might start a TREND Ian

KATO

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 24d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
I would personally prefer the EF vents or XA style vents. I

Newgel in Canberra quoted me $380 to supply, fit and paint EF XR6 bonnet vents.

Big question for me is how effective are they in lowering under bonnet temps? I'm more interested in go than show.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...