camdawgs Member 49 Member For: 14y 10m 15d Posted 20/08/13 08:44 AM Posted 20/08/13 08:44 AM Hay guys I own a BF typhoon.As of the last few weeks the engine has been running slightly rougher on idle and doesnt sound too flash on idle ( alot louder than normal)....I have also noticed quiet a loud sound that I similar to that of the induction from the turbo but alot louder and it occurs even when not on boost.Have not noticed any performance issues or any other problems just its not sounding too healthy. It is due for an oil change and we will be having a closer inspection at the problem as well as doing the change later this week but it still has only been less than 10000 km since the last change.Any ideas what this sound could be?
fatz_f6_typhoon Member 395 Member For: 13y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: 2145 nsw Posted 20/08/13 09:20 PM Posted 20/08/13 09:20 PM Check all your hose clamps could have a boost leak 1
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 20/08/13 09:55 PM Posted 20/08/13 09:55 PM Probably Cooler pipe is loose, as said above you may have a leak somewhere. Check from the throttle body to the intercooler and back to the turbo for loose clamps split pipes/blown off etc.
Brooksy-BFXR6T Member 14 Member For: 14y 4m 13d Posted 21/08/13 01:50 AM Posted 21/08/13 01:50 AM I know I've done two throttle body to crossover couplings, underneath.. have a look at that, but it usually drops boost too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now