sam71093 Member 29 Member For: 13y 4m 13d Gender: Male Posted 25/07/13 10:04 PM Posted 25/07/13 10:04 PM Hi guys I cant seem to find much about this topic, I am just interested how hid's will go through the projector headlights, if anyone has tried what are they like to oncoming drivers.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 26/07/13 12:31 PM Posted 26/07/13 12:31 PM I personally find the Projectors fine for general driving, I'd just consider putting HID's in for the high beam. It also means less mucking around not having to deal with the projector stuff at all.
Danimal Member 48 Member For: 13y 2m 11d Posted 27/07/13 06:29 AM Posted 27/07/13 06:29 AM Surely the sealed beam projectors would be a much better idea for hid's than reflectors. Hence why any car that comes with factory xenons have projector lamps.And I was always under the impression that you shouldn't bother using hid's for high beam as the ignition time does suit the application for high beams? 1
sam71093 Member 29 Member For: 13y 4m 13d Gender: Male Posted 27/07/13 09:19 AM Author Posted 27/07/13 09:19 AM Yeah as I have tried hid's in old xr6 and had to take them out they were just all over the place and blinded other drivers
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/13 07:14 AM Posted 28/07/13 07:14 AM I have HID's in my MKII projectors, Super easy install, much better night driving quality.went the 6000k 1
deek Legacy Donating Member 362 Member For: 23y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne / Wantirna Posted 28/07/13 07:19 AM Posted 28/07/13 07:19 AM Is the beam any good or all over the place like the B series cars?
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/13 08:29 AM Posted 28/07/13 08:29 AM FG2 have projector lense low beams, they are directed perfectly. High beam on the other hand would be ordinary..
sam71093 Member 29 Member For: 13y 4m 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/13 08:40 AM Author Posted 28/07/13 08:40 AM I have HID's in my MKII projectors, Super easy install, much better night driving quality.went the 6000kThanks for the reply did you buy a brand set or just off ebay also low beam on the mk2 are they h7
sam71093 Member 29 Member For: 13y 4m 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/13 09:07 AM Author Posted 28/07/13 09:07 AM I have HID's in my MKII projectors, Super easy install, much better night driving quality.went the 6000kForgot to ask 35W or 55W
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/13 10:42 AM Posted 28/07/13 10:42 AM 55w from memory, I got them from CETNAJ electrical.. Same kits as eBay though. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now