fgvic Member 27 Member For: 13y 7m 27d Posted 07/07/13 11:12 PM Posted 07/07/13 11:12 PM Hey guys ive got an FG with the ipod cable connectivity. When I want to play my phone (Galaxy) I have the aux cord plugged in, and I use the ipod cable to play music off my Ipod.I'm finding that when I have one playing I have to then unplug it to use the other.Is there a way that I can have both plugged in at the same time and only use the source button on the radio to switch? Or do I always have to unplug the one I'm not using to select the source I want?Cheers
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 08/07/13 09:13 AM Posted 08/07/13 09:13 AM Put ALL your music on one or the other... 1
Chaos310 Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 14y 28d Gender: Male Posted 09/07/13 10:24 AM Posted 09/07/13 10:24 AM (edited) Hope your connection is better than mine. Edited 09/07/13 10:25 AM by Chaos310
ccpl Member 17 Member For: 13y 11m 15d Posted 10/07/13 12:15 AM Posted 10/07/13 12:15 AM I had the same issue (wanted to use my Ipod for music, then a tablet for Nav through the aux port etc).It seems that Ford didn't think that being able to switch between the two was a good idea, as it seems that both the aux port and Ipod connector are wired up to the same harness and disconnecting the Ipod wires also disables the amplilfied aux port.The only way that I could see to get this functionality was to splice into the Ipod wiring harness (its under the passenger side panel of the centre stack near the glovebox) and wire up a switch to the Ipod power wires, and then mount the switch near the ICC controls.
fgvic Member 27 Member For: 13y 7m 27d Posted 10/07/13 08:38 PM Author Posted 10/07/13 08:38 PM Yeah ok.. was just wondering as it seemed a bit oddThink I'll just stick to switchingThanks for the help!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now