grandad Member 37 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 16/01/04 07:36 AM Posted 16/01/04 07:36 AM Went to a local car stereo place yesterday (at about the same time you started this thread) to see if they had developed some sort of aftermarket replacement interface, besides the Blau.He said an installation (of a conventional stereo in the tissue box spot, and just turning off the original) took 3 days.1 to fit the stereo and 2 to eliminate all the noise. Apparently it comes from everywhere, alternator, injectors, coils computers. that's what he told me anyway. Seems aftermarket guys are very dirty on Ford about the whole non-DIN type dash. Just had car phone kit installed and when phone is ringing a whine is coming from speakers. No problem prior to phone kit installation. Like one of the other replies stated a suppressor would more likely fix the isue in earlier cars but not this model I think. Will be seeing installers on Monday to see if they have an answer to it.
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 16/01/04 08:35 AM Author Posted 16/01/04 08:35 AM Thanks for your replies so far,I'm going to be pointing certain people in Ford towards this thread.If I am "Only One of two" Falcons with Premium Sound with this problem in Australia I will eat my hat!Cameron
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 16/01/04 08:43 AM Posted 16/01/04 08:43 AM I haven't actually told them about mine yet, but will at the next service.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 16/01/04 08:46 AM Posted 16/01/04 08:46 AM I'm going to be pointing certain people in Ford towards this thread. you tell em . I'll gladly give you my number if they want to talk to me about my problem. Let me know via PM or email
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 26d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 16/01/04 10:11 AM Posted 16/01/04 10:11 AM OK - I got it... If you wanna check you have it - download the DIY input connector stuff... don't worry about the actual signal wiring just enable the AUX input (short the two pins for that) press the AM button to enable AUX and crank the volume...My whine changes with engine speed, and is noticible from volume 15 up... at 35 (MAX) it's quite lound being heard clearly above road noise at 60....I suspect it's worst with the AUX because the loom for the AUX is unshielded and runs in conjection with power cabels for the Handsfree kit and other IGN/ACC power feeds. The reason some cars are worse than others is probably down to varience in the wiring looms internal twists which may make things better of worse depending on how they're made and how they're installed.In other words me starting to think cheapo ICC wiring loom is the problem ....A.
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 17/01/04 11:48 AM Author Posted 17/01/04 11:48 AM Thing is , I've still gotta wait until the 22nd for some more information.I think I might ring them up 13FORD that is, on Monday and see what's doing.THe longer I wait the more they will stonewall me I think. :cussing: Cameron
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now