sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 11/01/04 11:17 PM Posted 11/01/04 11:17 PM I'm of the opinion that if you modify, be honest and wear it. If it goes bang and you remove the mods then take it to Ford It is dishonest. Also, come time to sell it second hand, your lying to the new buyer, and if you did this to me, well I wouldn't be happy.Modify, if you want, admit it and be proud.APS, Love your work, but don't you think its a tad irresponable to produce kits that can be removed and not detected for the sole purpose of fooling ford and / or the next person to buy the car?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/01/04 11:47 PM Posted 11/01/04 11:47 PM Sixfan,I don't agree with your comments.On 13/3/2003 in the first Unichip thread I wrote:The main problem I have with the Unichip is where all the wires to your ecu get cut, then resoldered to form the connection to the Unichip unit. I was horrified when I pulled a Unichip out of one of my cars. I would be very reluctant to touch the Unichip if this practice is continued.If APS have developed a loom that avoids cutting/resoldering wires then IMHO that is a major step forward. It is not about deceptive practice, although I can see how you can make that interpretation.In my situation on my Sti I was replacing the Unichip with something better, and the presence of a loom would have made the job much easier.Brian
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 12/01/04 12:42 AM Posted 12/01/04 12:42 AM Sixfan,I don't agree with your comments.On 13/3/2003 in the first Unichip thread I wrote:The main problem I have with the Unichip is where all the wires to your ecu get cut, then resoldered to form the connection to the Unichip unit. I was horrified when I pulled a Unichip out of one of my cars. I would be very reluctant to touch the Unichip if this practice is continued.If APS have developed a loom that avoids cutting/resoldering wires then IMHO that is a major step forward. It is not about deceptive practice, although I can see how you can make that interpretation.In my situation on my Sti I was replacing the Unichip with something better, and the presence of a loom would have made the job much easier.Brian You have a good point,I hadn't thought about that.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 13/01/04 03:50 PM Posted 13/01/04 03:50 PM One of the other benefits is you can easily remove the unichip and plug in harness when you decide to sell your car and resell the product to recoup most of your money.
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 14/01/04 09:59 AM Posted 14/01/04 09:59 AM One of the other benefits is you can easily remove the unichip and plug in harness when you decide to sell your car and resell the product to recoup most of your money. Or remove it to put it in a series 2 car later this year!
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/01/04 10:34 AM Posted 14/01/04 10:34 AM fyi, on the 2nd hand market Unichips go for around $650.Been there.Brian
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 14/01/04 11:21 AM Posted 14/01/04 11:21 AM just a question for peter from APS,do the XR6-t unichips use the same boost mappings/controller like the traditional type-a chips the wrx's use?or can we use aftermarket boost controllers for mapping boost?cheers,Matt
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Posted 14/01/04 11:42 AM Posted 14/01/04 11:42 AM Hi Matt, The Unichip boost control for the xr6t is entirely different to that of the WRX. In addition the xr6t requires a dual clamp for the two stock map sensor signals and is a more complex system.PeterAPS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now