andrewkerr Member 30 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/03/13 09:16 AM Posted 13/03/13 09:16 AM hello I am having a few issues with my xr6 turbo I have just relocated my battery to the boot as per instructions in the post at the top of the page I also have done a plamaman 4 inch intake conversion .my issues are that it seems like it has a flat spot when I give it a rev then goes away and the other issue is that it starts to build boost and rev but then it stops and engine wont rev seems like it struggles .I have checked terminals and they are tight and I have no ide what it could be. I hope I have everything right I have the blow of valve blocked of on the turbo intake with a 25mm rubber stopper I have the blow off valve on the pipe running to the throttle body as ir was before and have the pipe that used to run to the old turbo intake so it is as it was before only difference is that the blow off valve is blocked of .if anyone can tell me where to start to look so ii can sort problem out I am new to the xr6 turbo seen it would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 13/03/13 10:22 AM Posted 13/03/13 10:22 AM What model xr6t?Any other mods? Have you flash tuned it yet?Do you have a boost gauge?
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 13/03/13 10:29 AM Posted 13/03/13 10:29 AM So you put a big intake on a stock tuned xr? Do some reading
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 20d Posted 13/03/13 10:34 AM Posted 13/03/13 10:34 AM (edited) Have you blocked off the vacuum line that goes to the BOV ? Show us a photo of the setup as it is now, I am referrring to the BOV setup, I dont believe the battery has anything to do with this issue you are having. Edited 13/03/13 10:36 AM by unclewal
andrewkerr Member 30 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/03/13 11:37 AM Author Posted 13/03/13 11:37 AM ok the car is ba xr6 turbo auto and is not stock it has had cams and valve springs changed walbro pump upgrade 1000cc injectors upgraded cooler and plazmaman pipe work and has custom vcm tune car makes 295rwk I will take a photo of the intake and stuff and will post will try and do it now on phone it previously had a growler and plazmaman pipe from turbo to intak on passenger side
andrewkerr Member 30 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/03/13 11:37 AM Author Posted 13/03/13 11:37 AM and it is tuned to run 10 psi
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 13/03/13 11:46 AM Posted 13/03/13 11:46 AM So you probably need to get it retuned to suit the new intake
andrewkerr Member 30 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/03/13 11:52 AM Author Posted 13/03/13 11:52 AM here is a photo of my setup I am still to put the airbox over the pipe I had the issue this after noon and it went away all I did was undo terminals and put the battery into the box and re do terminals up it will boost to about 6 psi probably a stupid question but why will I need to get it retuned as it had a pod filter on previously
andrewkerr Member 30 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/03/13 10:13 PM Author Posted 13/03/13 10:13 PM I think I have it worked out I think it is earth related I put my battery back in my engine bay and started car and everything is as it was before so I then put battery back in the boot and I am back to same issue where do you guys have have you battery earthed to I have mine bolted to the floor but I sanded all the paint of and my old earth in the engine bay I have boltet that to the body near the fuse box and also sanded that to bare metal also
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now