Turbo Leaking Oil

Guest Pippie81

Guest Pippie81
  • Guests

What a nightmare!!! After taking the car back to Knox (who had placed in an application for prior approval for a new turbo but had to withdraw it due to the service centre being shut down) took it back to the local dealer who submitted a claim which has supposedly been rejected due to poor service history! 30k service was 6k late and apparently this is grounds to decline warranty. Knox have been brilliant (can't recommend them highly enough) and have directed me to make a complaint and set up a case with Ford CRC as they believe that the warranty claim should be straight forward and no question about the history of the car!!!! I won't name and shame the dealer as I will probably get myself in trouble however I am fuming!!!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m

im still loling that they think the turbo is leaking... iv dealt with this so many times... ford says their engines need their oil changed EVERY 15000ks... they warrant them against failure. but if youve been running around with the same oil for 21000ks and its caused a problem, how is it their fault? they dont care whether the car has changed owners, its not their problem. and if they do approve the turbo replacement (for what reason il never understand) then that leaves them liable to a later bottom end failure due to worn bearings etd from lack of servicing. ford will stand by their warranty 100% if you do the right thing, but they arent about to start shoutin eveyone free turbos