Are 20X10 Now Legal In Victoria On An Fg ?

PCW

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d

the info in the fg offsets thread has nothing to do with legalities mate. unfortunately what will fit (and look good!) and what will fit legally are two different things!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d

oh I understand that and agree with you mate. but the VSB14 Code LS clearly states that the max legal rim size is dependant only on your tyres fitted (recommented rim width for the tyres fitted), and max legal tyre size is 1.3 times that of oem fitted to your vehicle.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members

but you will not fit 10's on the rear without increasing your rear track by more than 25mm.

that will tell you the limitations.

Edited by TRA1NR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d

yeah I read that but that option is under the 13.3 "Raising of Four Wheel Drive Vehicles - alternative to VSB 14 Modification Code LS" section. Previous section seems to apply to us passenger vehicles, 13.2 "VSB 14 Modification Code LS" which refers out to VSB14.

Thanks again for your help TRA1NR, finally not feeling im looking at this alone.

in VSB14

"

The wheel track of passenger cars (or derivatives) must not be increased by more than 25mm

beyond the maximum specified by the vehicle manufacturer for the particular model. This

means that the rim offset must not be changed by more than 12.5mm.

"

the above suggests track is measured mid L tyre to mid R tyre. to fit 10s on FG you need, say, 38? 40? (someone please confirm), so that's actually a decrease in track (from 36) but within the 12.5mm change. is track decrease allowed? still reading ...

Edited by Dagabond

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members

you could be onto something, as I was thinking the track was measured from outside of wheel to outside of wheel.

but it still remains that you cannot increase rim width by more than 25mm, and unless you own a gt r spec 9 inch wheels were not specified for your model or series (I'm sure you could argue that but we all know what toggies are like with the law in their hands)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 24d

This debate is good Gentleman, very thought provoking.

(Time to call the Solicitor and Vicroads to mediation!)

Pete

Edited by PCW

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members

I'm fairly sure you would have to go through a dozen people at vic roads before you got an answer with any adequacy anyway!