davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/12 08:26 AM Posted 21/09/12 08:26 AM Has anyone with a GS noticed the rear wheels spin with no apparrent intervention from the traction control? My old XR6t traction control would go berserk if the rears lost traction but my new GS seems to spin quite happily?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/09/12 09:54 AM Posted 21/09/12 09:54 AM I'm guessing your old XR was a BA/BF. The traction control program in the FG allows much more slip before intervention occurs. It's much better in my opinion.Benny. 1
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/09/12 11:30 AM Author Posted 21/09/12 11:30 AM Thanks Benny but the spin kills the launch. I might go for 265s on the back.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/09/12 08:36 PM Posted 21/09/12 08:36 PM I agree spin kills any launch that's why I fitted 285's to the rear of mine. I just find the traction control in the FG to be much better as it allows more slip rather than killing everything like the old BA/BF program use to.Benny.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 21/09/12 11:47 PM Posted 21/09/12 11:47 PM easy fix turn it off when your going to give it a hard time, I cant imagine its doing much good to the diff/gearbox/tailshaft when its jerking about trying to decide to spin or not spin
b-rad Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Location: townsville Posted 22/09/12 07:01 AM Posted 22/09/12 07:01 AM ^^^+1my F6 is the same traction control dosnt do much but brake things
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/09/12 07:05 AM Author Posted 22/09/12 07:05 AM I agree spin kills any launch that's why I fitted 285's to the rear of mine. I just find the traction control in the FG to be much better as it allows more slip rather than killing everything like the old BA/BF program use to.Benny.How did you put 285 s on? Shims?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 22/09/12 07:21 AM Posted 22/09/12 07:21 AM Just fitted some 10 inch rims with a +40 offset to the rear mated with some Nitto Invo's.Benny.
CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 28d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 22/09/12 10:34 AM Posted 22/09/12 10:34 AM Benny!! mate, exact setup I want to run. I was thinking 275 Invos max on the rear. but if the 285 fit im all over it. How do you like the tyre all round?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 22/09/12 08:33 PM Posted 22/09/12 08:33 PM I'm very impressed with the tyres so far considering how cheap they are. I can still turn them in first but second is all grip, still running a factory tune for the moment.Benny.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now