XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 18d Posted 23/10/12 09:56 AM Posted 23/10/12 09:56 AM Nice one mate, was over at Clint's today and said it was a lot better with the new injectors. Made more torque and a lot more responsive too I believe?
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 23/10/12 10:10 AM Posted 23/10/12 10:10 AM Baby turbo cars nose over badly... the initial torque hit is brilliant though!Your sheet shows that clearly oldmate.Can I have your wheels? Jack
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/12 10:13 AM Author Posted 23/10/12 10:13 AM Absolutely. Those drilled injectors went up the sh*t as soon as be put the Walboro pump in. It's far and away much smoother.I keep looking at that graph and wondering if the exhaust is causing a issue as well. Whilst @ 90,000ks its easy to blame springs, it doesn't really play up when returning to idle and whilst I'm no expert, I would have expected the graph to look a little weird if valve float was a problem.Things to ponder I suppose.
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/12 10:17 AM Author Posted 23/10/12 10:17 AM Yea Jack, some don't like that big hit at low RPM but I just can't get enough of it.In saying that, I told Clinton I wasn't ever going to go for a squirt in anything with a GTX. You read and hear of too many good stories with people running the bigger turbo's and pushing 400. If I don't know what I'm missing...As for the wheels - I would say the same about the BBS you have. They are porn.
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 23/10/12 10:29 AM Posted 23/10/12 10:29 AM The cleaner you can get the car breathing the less likely you are to need valve springs.Turbo side and full exhaust will need valve springs later.Factory intake and factory exhaust with a cat change will valve springs earlier.The other benefit of good CAI and full exhaust is how 'lazy' the car comes up no boost. My GTX had factory exhaust early with just a cat change and it was lazy as. Will be far less pronounced in the baby turbo car but still there.The BBS wheels were good... nowhere near as much fun as scaring the chit out of a 911 turbo on the way to work this morning. So much so he tried again and then again.Ended up just running 200m behind me :sungum:Jack 2
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/12 10:53 AM Posted 23/10/12 10:53 AM Nice work mate, did u see my rig at clints? Just fitted a gtx il have to take u for a run hahaha 1
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/10/12 11:05 AM Author Posted 23/10/12 11:05 AM yes it was there. So stock looking. Must be fun to blaze into third haha 2
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 02/01/13 11:45 PM Posted 02/01/13 11:45 PM old_mates new diff bush
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/01/13 07:49 AM Author Posted 03/01/13 07:49 AM So, installed new Superpro control arm bushes and centre diff bushSide bushes are already newish - factory revised versions. Control arm bushes were flogged, nolathane centre bush is fine but came out anyway destined for ebay.Holy sh*t, best thing I have ever done. Big thanks goes out to Jesus who sorted it for me.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/13 07:57 AM Posted 03/01/13 07:57 AM anytime, they have transformed your car!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now