old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/12 12:19 PM Posted 05/09/12 12:19 PM (edited) Dyno sheet from end of 2011, after having Process West stg2 cooler kit, Bluepower Airbox, 100cpi Cat and tune.I bought the car 4 months ago.Today I had installed a 12psi Actuator, Walboro in tank pump and had ProFile tune it.We reckon the stocko valve springs have decided no more grunt. 85000k's old, car has been tuned at various levels since 55000k's.Existing ZF tune was also returned to factory specs, poor thing now struggles to know what gear to be in at part throttle cruise and has been slipping a bit. Hopefully it self heals haha. Edited 05/09/12 12:30 PM by old_mate
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/12 12:33 PM Posted 05/09/12 12:33 PM Upgrade the injectors yet?
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/12 01:12 PM Author Posted 05/09/12 01:12 PM Drilled injectors in there.I know they have their haters and I am not the biggest fan but they are doing the job, it runs, idles, cold starts and all that ok.Tuner advised they aren't the problem.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 05/09/12 01:15 PM Posted 05/09/12 01:15 PM Cat carked it?
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/12 01:20 PM Author Posted 05/09/12 01:20 PM Wouldn't think so - it's only 12 months old.All pretty good idea's though, and I will follow up - I'd be pissed if I spent another grand or so on springs and some more dyno time and it still struggled.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 05/09/12 01:23 PM Posted 05/09/12 01:23 PM Yeah valve springs seem to be the main thing most of these cars experience as the brick wall they can't get through.That and the cat.And diff bush. 1
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/12 01:25 PM Author Posted 05/09/12 01:25 PM I was just about to postDiff bushes recently replaced.Indicator Fluid just fine. 1
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 05/09/12 01:29 PM Posted 05/09/12 01:29 PM Well I'm all out of ideas then.
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 05/09/12 01:52 PM Posted 05/09/12 01:52 PM Is it holding boost OK?What boost you running mate? (beforeF6Mark) 1
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/09/12 02:27 PM Author Posted 05/09/12 02:27 PM Stock dump so is holding boost ok.Pretty sure we dialed up 18 pound in the mid, then falls away at the top.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now