Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 15y 16d
Posted (edited)

I just finished my install of a shift light seeing as a few people want to do the same but are having issues so I thought I would put it up.

http://www.jaycar.co...ch&form=KEYWORD

I bought a frequency switch from jay car, YOU HAVE TO SOLDER THE KIT TOGETHER p.s get the ub3 box also its on the receipt $5

the kit has an LED on it which you can use as a shift light, but if you do I recommend buying a much brighter one.

This also is very good because the LED is tiny so you can hide it easily and still have the stock look.

I used an old adjustable speco shift light with a 12v globe in it, I chopped all the wires in the shift light (don't need them anymore the frequency switch turns the light in and off) and soldered the power from the relay on the frequency switch board directly to the pins on the globe.

the circuit works by detecting the pulses from a sensor you choose (I used the cyl 1 injector because of easy access, brown

wire) and by adjusting the pots on the board you set the rpm you want the frequency switch to activate the light

IMG_20120904_153214.jpg

IMG_20120829_123628.jpg

IMG_20120829_123701.jpg

IMG_20120829_140014.jpg

IMG_20120829_173026.jpg

IMG_20120904_153040.jpg

IMG_20120904_153124.jpg

IMG_20120904_153054.jpg

Edited by ripbt1
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...