hotxr8 Member 49 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 06/06/12 07:52 PM Posted 06/06/12 07:52 PM thanks for that!!
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 09:10 AM Posted 06/07/12 09:10 AM I bought a flip key but I think you must need two original keys (not an aftermarket copy) to be able to program it yourself, as I couldn't "enter programming mode" with the locks cycling. I'm guessing the car thinks I'm inserting the same key for both steps.I also couldn't get it to enter programming mode for the remotes either ALTHOUGH I didn't have any trouble following the instructions years ago when I got the first copy key and remote done...?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 11:39 AM Posted 06/07/12 11:39 AM Yeh you need two known keys to enter programming mode 1
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 06/07/12 12:16 PM Posted 06/07/12 12:16 PM I think he was saying he has 2 but one is one he has programmed previously, I do remember when doing mine it was hard to get the car into program mode for no apparent reason. 1
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 07/07/12 05:18 AM Posted 07/07/12 05:18 AM (edited) Any tips before going to ford?I sorted the remote part, I was waiting for bluetooth to do its thing before hitting demist but u have to turn to on and hit demist three times within 5 secs.Tried key program again but just wont cycle locks.Im getting inClose doorKey 1 to onPull outKey 2 (working copy of key 1) to accPull outI get nothingAm I meant to leave key 2 on acc until it cycles perhaps? Edited 07/07/12 05:20 AM by SuckSqueezeBangBlow
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/12 07:22 AM Posted 08/07/12 07:22 AM Ford said $132 to program it which is ok I guess
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/12 07:25 AM Posted 08/07/12 07:25 AM Sounds like Standard diagnostic fee... Pity it only takes 10 min to program a key via IDS / GSEVIN providing everything cooperates
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 16d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/12 10:20 AM Posted 08/07/12 10:20 AM yeah not too bad still considering the expense of the equipment etc. I read in the workshop manual that when a dealer programs a key the PCM ID gets changed. Do you know if this affects the tune? will I just have to reflash? not even?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/12 10:29 AM Posted 08/07/12 10:29 AM Nah youl be fine it doesnt change anything other than pats parameters
hotxr8 Member 49 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/12 11:12 AM Posted 08/07/12 11:12 AM It's first key to acc, second key to on!New key to acc.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now