Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 23d
Posted (edited)

I normally leave the bonnet up when I park my car in my garage to let the heat out.

everything has been like clockwork, hadn't had a problem since I bought my car 2 years ago but today I noticed coolant spweing out of the resevoir when I popped my bonnet up and it went on until the res was empty

rang Ford to book it in for a service but just wanted to find out if people have come across this before. I've searched and found some topics but they didn't post back whether they fixed or found the cause of the problem

my car is a 2010 FG XR6 Turbo 50th Ann, done 18K km. its stock apart from an MSCN turbo line filter and the coolant hasn't been replaced since I bought the car

also pics of the coolant in res tank / tank itself. I noticed the coolant going from green to a yellow colour since getting the car and a white residue/mark on the inside of the res today after it finished spewing coolant.

can it be simple e.g. the res cap needs replacing?

post-42571-0-46289600-1335507575_thumb.jpost-42571-0-12011800-1335507589_thumb.j

Edited by Viper XR50T
  • Throbbing Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Is the coolant boiling in the bottle? Thermos coming on?

So it's shooting out the bottom of the overflow bottle where the overflow hole is?

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 23d
Posted (edited)

Is the coolant boiling in the bottle? Thermos coming on?

So it's shooting out the bottom of the overflow bottle where the overflow hole is?

yep coolant was definitely boiling in the res, thermos were running for a bit until I turned off the car. I normally let it idle at least 2 minutes before I turn it off

then the coolant starting shooting out the res cap after about 2 mins when I switched the car off. the pressure was coming from the radiator going into the overflow and the coolant in the overflow was boiling

did checks for milky oil (headgasket) but oil was fine was still fresh was just changed on the same day.

I waited until the coolant on the ground dried up and checked the hoses for any signs of cracks, leaks, etc, filled the overflow res back up with demineralised water and started her up. the car was running fine coulnd't see any noticeable leaks from any of the hoses?

im thinking it might be the thermostat

Edited by Viper XR50T

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...