jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/04/12 07:03 AM Posted 25/04/12 07:03 AM hey my car still surges under hard acceleration ,only in second not first gear.done the valve springs fully rebuilt turbo ,high flowed or something with a bigger acuator 10.8 or 11.8new coils new plugsjust serviced ,oil and filterit has a tune only light at 248rwkw and 890 nm torque because my standard valve springs were goingsilly any higherto be honest it only started doing it after the dyno tune ??could the acuator thing be to big for a small boost tune its only on 8psiI had the standard tune in it last night after picking it up from the mechanics with the new valve springs and when I gased it I thought id been bombed ,a huge bang than running real bad,took it straight back and he said the acuator was to big for a standard tune ..so I put a bta tune in and it was that but now again I have the stupid surge back..wt#I got no iea
phantom xr6t Talks Cheap, Let's Race Member 596 Member For: 19y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Atherton, FNQ Posted 25/04/12 07:15 AM Posted 25/04/12 07:15 AM if you got bigger injectors in it it wont run on the stock tune
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/04/12 07:26 AM Posted 25/04/12 07:26 AM (edited) just my thought but make sure u dont give it WOT with under a 1/4 tank of fuel, my car was surging once upon a time until I found out I didnt have enough fuel in the tank as the fuel gets pushed to the back of the tank leaving nothing to be sucked up by the pump, all good now since I have surge tank. Edited 25/04/12 07:29 AM by XR64LT
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 25/04/12 07:32 AM Posted 25/04/12 07:32 AM just my thought but make sure u dont give it WOT with under a 1/4 tank of fuel, my car was surging once upon a time until I found out I didnt have enough fuel in the tank as the fuel gets pushed to the back of the tank leaving nothing to be sucked up by the pump, all good now since I have surge tank.You beat me to it.
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/04/12 08:28 AM Author Posted 25/04/12 08:28 AM ah possible because I always drive around between empty and a quarter..dont ask me why I just do..
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/04/12 09:51 AM Posted 25/04/12 09:51 AM Have you filled her up and tried? I only found this out when I took mine to wsid for the first time cause I figured less fuel = less weight but that nearly = a dead motor. And like you said it wasnt happening till nearly half track (2nd to 3rd).Leo
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 25/04/12 01:01 PM Posted 25/04/12 01:01 PM Always try to keep it above half on the tank unless you get a surge tank=good investment.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now