Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 4d
Posted

Help please?

I have an awesome FG XR6 Turbo which I bought with 27800 km on the odo, and has given 5,000km awesome troublefree km, at least until a few days ago.

Starting it as normal, the enginefired instantly, then died just as instantly. Same thing again. Third attempt, it was completely dead. Thinking it was a bad battery, I charged it for an hour, and on restart, it fired then died again, and on the next attempt, it fired, but the DSC fault appeared. On restart, it fired and the DSC fault disappeared. OK, back to normal, so I thought. A couple of km down the road I saw that all the instrument needles were horizontal, and they have stayed that way for the next 50km or so. At least it starts with no problems.

All the fuses look OK. I did find that removal of the two instrument-related fuses replicates the instant dying after firing up, as per the original problem above.

Any ideas?

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Take it to Ford, I would check the leads to the battery, but better not to stuff around if it is under warranty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...