daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 01/02/12 10:31 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:31 AM Oh yeah and I've already changed the tps
camdawgs Member 49 Member For: 14y 10m 14d Posted 01/02/12 12:19 PM Posted 01/02/12 12:19 PM I had this problem on my Ef falcon. Not sure what he did but dad just adjusted a little screw or something ( simple) which made the car idle at higher revs so when it did drop it didnt come close to stalling. Only have to up the idle revs by a few hundred to stop this
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 01/02/12 12:47 PM Posted 01/02/12 12:47 PM moar fuelllllll
Steve O Member 106 Member For: 15y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydneys Northern Beaches Posted 02/02/12 01:29 PM Posted 02/02/12 01:29 PM I had this problem when I got the car. Cleaned the throttle body on both sides of the butterfly and fixed ot straight away. hope that helps
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 03/02/12 04:20 PM Posted 03/02/12 04:20 PM Yep,I'm with Steve-O. Have had this a few times with my car and cleaning the throttle body should fix it right up. If it's not the TPS or the 02, then my money is on a dirty TB.I put through a fuel treatment as well (Like a nulon fuel system cleaner) and that seemed to help.Also clean out your filters and look into changing your fuel filter if you haven't for a while.Cleaning the TB is really easy to do and should take you 30 mins to an hour Even if you have no mechanical knowledge; You just need a few simple tools!PM me if you're stuck guys!Cheers,Dan 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now