mattxr6tute Member 32 Member For: 15y 6d Gender: Male Location: Australia Queensland Posted 25/09/11 01:40 AM Posted 25/09/11 01:40 AM My mate who is a great mechanic, recently serviced my ute, and after telling him that my standard LSD on my xr6t BA ute wasnt working, he replaced the diff oil and still no success. he says that rebuild it, he will have to take it to a mechanic who can for around $800 and said to do that and fit it will be around $1200 all up... do yous think I should get it rebuilt for that price, or quote a brand newie??
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 25/09/11 01:43 AM Posted 25/09/11 01:43 AM (edited) I got my lsd done for 800 fitted, that was in melb, where are u located? Edited 25/09/11 01:44 AM by xr6t_ute
mattxr6tute Member 32 Member For: 15y 6d Gender: Male Location: Australia Queensland Posted 25/09/11 02:43 AM Author Posted 25/09/11 02:43 AM I got my lsd done for 800 fitted, that was in melb, where are u located?Damn that's alright, I'm Townsville dude, I may have to just get some quotes from mechanics over the phone instead to get a better price
Pheared Banned 37 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Gender: Male Posted 25/09/11 05:32 AM Posted 25/09/11 05:32 AM if your fitting a 2nd hand low KM diff make sure you get it fully serviced and checked over. Dont just wack it in. $1200 for a 50,000km or less diff is what you will be looking for (for a drive in/out + Service)
mattxr6tute Member 32 Member For: 15y 6d Gender: Male Location: Australia Queensland Posted 18/10/11 02:08 PM Author Posted 18/10/11 02:08 PM if your fitting a 2nd hand low KM diff make sure you get it fully serviced and checked over. Dont just wack it in. $1200 for a 50,000km or less diff is what you will be looking for (for a drive in/out + Service)Yeah, but what if I wanted my original LSD rebuilt and refitted at 120,000 kms, would that be wise??
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 18/10/11 08:25 PM Posted 18/10/11 08:25 PM Hey mate BA XT cost me a whole 850 to supply and fit a brand new LSD through a family friend who was a mechanic.. Maybe you should check prices of new ones..
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/11 09:54 PM Posted 18/10/11 09:54 PM While on the topic of Diffs, does an LSD rebuild come with a new pinion and out gear? I assume that's what's f*cked in mine causing it to whine and backlash...
mattxr6tute Member 32 Member For: 15y 6d Gender: Male Location: Australia Queensland Posted 24/10/11 12:30 PM Author Posted 24/10/11 12:30 PM Hey mate BA XT cost me a whole 850 to supply and fit a brand new LSD through a family friend who was a mechanic.. Maybe you should check prices of new ones..Nice, thanks man. That's mates rates though I take it?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 25/10/11 02:08 AM Posted 25/10/11 02:08 AM Nice, thanks man. That's mates rates though I take it?I don't think it was that great of mates rates.. It was just cheaper for him to get it from the factory ready for a direct bolt up. Mind you this was also back in 2005 so prices have probably 'fluctuated'..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now