Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 16d
Posted

Just purchased 09 FG XR6T on the weekend with 51000k's on it. The turbo seems to have excessive whine noise when boosting. Is this normal for the FG? I took it back to the dealer to have some warranty issues sorted and they recon that its not noisy enough to replace it yet? Does anyone else have any troubles with their FG turbo being noisy?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d
Posted

Yeah I know what your talking about. I thought it was weird but my FG has been making a high pitched whine too. Only noticed it through winter but the ute is running perfectly. There is nothing wrong with it don't worry mate.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yeah allot of then do it (mine included), can't remember what it is but nothing to worry about. One of our members (dre) sounds like it's supercharged it's that loud lol.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I love the sound of mine lol (not sure what it is and don't want to fix it)

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Mine also wines off its tits when spooling I love it hahaha

  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

As long as it doesn't look like this you will be fine!

iBl26.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NORTHERN NSW
Posted

I got a fg xr6 turbo with about 47,000km it whine for about 4000km then drop the front bearing :-(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...