Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 19/03/03 06:49 AM Posted 19/03/03 06:49 AM I know it messes me up when I drive dads car(EB XR8)ive got an old Xf carby and the first thing you do is head for the accelerator
Guest GIANT Guests Posted 26/03/03 01:55 PM Posted 26/03/03 01:55 PM ADD ME TO THE LISTTHIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME !!VERY ANNOYING AND EMBARRASSING FIXING A BRAND NEW CAR, LOUD BANG, SMOKE FROM UNDER BONNET, PIPE HAD BLOWN OFF ON START UPWHEN THE MODS START COMING I WILL MODIFY THAT TOO!!RUSSELL
Guest Trex XR Guests Posted 01/04/03 02:32 AM Posted 01/04/03 02:32 AM Hi all, long time no post but thought I should add this one after reading this thread.I initially had the problem that noone else had heard of. Since then a number of you have had the same.Well guess what, I got a phone call from the missus asking whether she should call the fire brigade because...YES..it happenep again. She went to start the car and there was a bang and then heaps of smoke. This is the second time for me. I got to the car and looked it over to see nothing wrong under the bonnet that I could see. I tried to start the car and she too revved to 2K and then up and down like a honeymooners bum. There was also a very loud whistle near the throttle body. I drove the car home and it drove fine and by the time I got home the whistle was gone.If this is a common thing (NOW) can someone please tell me where this hose is that keeps blowing off in case it happens to me. I suspect the whistle may have been the mesh dislodged in the throttle body. Does anyone think this problem could be related to the VCT being stuck therefore timing advance too much I don't know and don't claim too know but it is embarrassing having the bonnet up at the shops.Anyway see yas on the highway. Safedriving.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 01/04/03 02:39 AM Posted 01/04/03 02:39 AM Hopefully someone can post some pics so that if it happens again to any of us we can investigate and attempt to resolve the problem. Pics pleeease!
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 01/04/03 06:38 AM Posted 01/04/03 06:38 AM The same here. Second time, first time towed on a tilttray this time I drove it.It seems to blow the same hose off over the back there somewhere I can't find it. The Missus reckoned she were on fire
Guest Trex XR Guests Posted 03/04/03 05:19 AM Posted 03/04/03 05:19 AM NT TURBO,that's a great pic. Quite a bit of smoke there. Lucky you had the old digital cam ready. I don't remember that amount of smoke.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Location: Sydney Posted 03/04/03 05:43 AM Posted 03/04/03 05:43 AM Wow, now that is alot of smoke. Also at least you have evidence if they ever refuse.
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 12/04/03 10:12 AM Posted 12/04/03 10:12 AM mine blew the hose of again this morning. that's three times now! I've now put a decent clamp on the hose. there is no way 'coming off now.
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 12/04/03 10:50 PM Posted 12/04/03 10:50 PM This is slightly off topic - hose wise. But I had driven my car for about three and a half hours last night and returning to the highway looked around, coast is clear, then gave it about three quarter throttle in performance mode (SSS). Accelerates away well then starts missing, no smoke, not violently just no power. I coasted to a stop and turned it off. On start up there was no problem and we continued on our way.Any ideas on this one?
Guest Guests Posted 13/04/03 04:11 AM Posted 13/04/03 04:11 AM Sounds like traction controll , was there any chance of wheel spin when you took off ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now