Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 28/06/11 05:27 AM Posted 28/06/11 05:27 AM (edited) Hey all,I have an 06 BF F6, with premium sound. I had an aftermarket head unit installed probably 18 months ago, and since around then, I've had alot of computer issues. The main one being speed sensor issues and them not being able to be cleared. My tuner (ChipTorque) suggested maybe the people who installed the headunit f*cked up and tapped into the standard GPS unit in the premo sound, which apparently is what the speed sensor uses to gauge its speed. If this is the case, will this be causing my speed sensor issues? and if so, what do I do?If its not from the head unit, any ideas? I had no idea where to post this.Im so over my car having problems :( up to $25k in repairs now!Cheers, Edited 28/06/11 05:30 AM by Moose
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/06/11 07:31 AM Posted 28/06/11 07:31 AM GPS fitted in every vehicle with premium sound??? Smells like crap to me. If that were the case then how do those vehicles with poverty-pack dash know how fast they're going, or when under cover/in tunnels etc. for the premiums?There is a speed sensor fitted on every wheel/hub, that's where the speed is actually measured. Has anyone checked to see if they're damaged/dislodged?
Moose Member 185 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Ipswich, QLD Posted 28/06/11 09:58 AM Author Posted 28/06/11 09:58 AM GPS fitted in every vehicle with premium sound??? Smells like crap to me. If that were the case then how do those vehicles with poverty-pack dash know how fast they're going, or when under cover/in tunnels etc. for the premiums?There is a speed sensor fitted on every wheel/hub, that's where the speed is actually measured. Has anyone checked to see if they're damaged/dislodged?Going thru tunnels and the pov packs - that makes alot of sense (I didnt think of that myself). I think what they're talking about might be a point for the factory optioned GPS to be installed into - if this is f*cked with, it some how plays with the speed sensors?Im not sure if they've been checked or tested, but im thinking surely if they're doing all this fault testing they'd have checked them too??? ugh just want it fixed!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now