worzeel Member 8 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, NZ Posted 21/06/11 07:54 AM Posted 21/06/11 07:54 AM Hi,I have had my XR6 Turbo for about a month now, and I was just wondering if it was normal for it to do a squeeking sort of noise under hard acceleration.Its a 2003 4 speed auto, sometimes if I plant my foot from around 50km/hr or so, when it changes gear, I think the turbo makes a squeek sort of noise... it sounds like a BOV... is this normal? Its different to the flutter noise I sometimes hear when I let off the accelerator at around 3000rpm.I will try and get a video of my car, to see if you can hear it on the video...
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/06/11 09:03 AM Posted 21/06/11 09:03 AM You sure it's the turbo? Could be belt slip when shifting at high rpm.Does it happen as you accelerate or just when you change gear?Benny
worzeel Member 8 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, NZ Posted 21/06/11 10:00 AM Author Posted 21/06/11 10:00 AM You sure it's the turbo? Could be belt slip when shifting at high rpm.Does it happen as you accelerate or just when you change gear?BennyJust when changing gears....Could be a belt slipping though... but would it always make the noise if its belt slip? cause it doesnt always make the noise
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/06/11 09:36 PM Posted 21/06/11 09:36 PM From my experience turbos don't generally make a one off squeek when the car is shifting gears, usually a continuous squeel or howl when boosting. My old BA use to every now and then give a squeek when shifting at high rpm from belt slip.I'm no expert but might be something for you to consider.Benny.
worzeel Member 8 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, NZ Posted 25/06/11 03:01 AM Author Posted 25/06/11 03:01 AM I noticed this morning when I helped my cousin do the paper run (needed to stop lots of times)... sometimes when I went to take off, the engine would just rev, and slowly move, but then once it started moving, then the car just went fine... untill I stopped, and waiting there for a cpl minutes, then would do same thing (rev high / move slow, then go properly).Is this something with the belt also? or is it something else :o
c0lezy Legacy Donating Member 115 Member For: 17y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: West Posted 25/06/11 04:08 AM Posted 25/06/11 04:08 AM sounds like your trannymine makes a squeek noise 2nd to 3rd sounds very strange...
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 25/06/11 10:05 PM Posted 25/06/11 10:05 PM The slow take off would have nothing to do with the belt. Would have to be a something with the trans, but what that is I don't know.Benny.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now