GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 16/11/03 12:59 PM Posted 16/11/03 12:59 PM just wondering, what type of fuel is the T supposed to have? We have a fuel card so PULP is no prob. Should it take PULP?
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 16/11/03 01:12 PM Posted 16/11/03 01:12 PM It will run on unleaded, premium unleaded, or premium-premium fuels such as Optimax. It goes better with Optimax, no doubt in my mind.Make sure the fuel card is programmed to allow you to get Optimax (or equivalent fuel from Caltex, Mobil and the like)!
XR64T Are we there yet? Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 23y 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 16/11/03 01:26 PM Posted 16/11/03 01:26 PM I always put BP ultimate in mine, but that is because I have a BP card and figure why not.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/11/03 01:28 PM Posted 16/11/03 01:28 PM I use Optimax, but IMO, it doesn't make it go any better that regular unleaded. Optimax might be cleaner though.Rob
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 17/11/03 12:11 AM Author Posted 17/11/03 12:11 AM Yeah it's a BP card and we can use any fuel we like on it. A few guys at dads work have XR8's and they all use premium.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 17/11/03 01:18 AM Posted 17/11/03 01:18 AM I have been using exclusively Optimax for the past dozen tanks or so and feel I have noticed an improvement in performance. When I used to buy whatever petrol (PULP) was closest I used to notice more fluctuation in performance, one day it would be a jet and the next a slug. It could just be the engine is loosening up though. Ithought ony GTs needed PULP and that Xr8s were normal ULP?
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 29d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 17/11/03 03:28 AM Posted 17/11/03 03:28 AM Im personally using BP Ultimate. My XR8 used to like Optimax, but I heard they changed the fuel a bit and its not as good as when it came out.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 17/11/03 03:36 AM Author Posted 17/11/03 03:36 AM nope, as far as I know the AU XR8 needed pulp, so presumedly the same with the ba
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 17/11/03 06:57 AM Posted 17/11/03 06:57 AM Naa, XR8 runs on std unleaded (says so in our manuals and on the FMC web site).
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 17/11/03 08:09 AM Posted 17/11/03 08:09 AM I use Optimax at the moment, but did use Caltex vortex. No real noticable difference, yet. Will see what happens.In the Pulsar SSS I used to have you could easily tell if it had normal unleaded or PUP. With the premium it was very responsive and wanted to rev its nuts out etc. With the normal unleaded was a bloody sluggish slug.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now