bluedragon Member 77 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/11 04:22 AM Posted 13/05/11 04:22 AM Hi all , im posting now to explain ive finally fixed the ' so called diff clunk ' ! , (which had zero to do with the diff or bushes ). What a frustrating journey! ,after mAny posts on this same topic asking for help ,and taking the caR TO 2 reputable performance garages and a Ford Dealer , and everyone throwing in their two cents to help , it turns out the annoying THUMP under the car ,which occured when the auto shifted down a couple of gears , is the result of a previous owner meddling with the Auto. The valve body and solonoids were replaced and now the Thump is gone . Andrew at Preston Autos and differentials in Preston resolved the issue and fixed it. If anyone in Melbourne needs work done on their auto or diff, I would highly recommend Andrew. He is honest, professional and charges much less than other places . He also built the BA Clinic cars auto that did under 9 secs at the 1/4 mile also. I was at the point of selling the car because the THUMP annoyed me that much , and thanks to him I dont have to, such a pleasure to drive now :-)
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 13/05/11 04:36 AM Posted 13/05/11 04:36 AM So my diagnosis was correct then? assuming we are talking about the same car
bluedragon Member 77 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/11 05:17 AM Author Posted 13/05/11 05:17 AM Mick ? Yep you were right mate. I just tried to edit my post to include Mick @ Pitt Lane for the diagnosis but it wont let me . I tried calling you today actually because I wanted to tell you what happened. Im also keen to upgrade the XR6T performance wise now so I also want to discuss that with you and get it done at Pitt Lane. Im thinking Cat back/Valve springs and Injectors and even maybe Jtg Gas.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 13/05/11 12:25 PM Posted 13/05/11 12:25 PM I'm happy for you that it was not too severe a repair and you are happy with your car again.I'm happy for me that I was on the money and glad you reported back.Give us a call next week and we'll help plan your future mods.
bluedragon Member 77 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/11 03:14 PM Author Posted 13/05/11 03:14 PM (edited) Its impressive that you were able to narrow the problem down to the exact cause when everyone else got it wrong , including the foreman at Jeff Ford . Its like I just hosted a game of "survivor" with 3 top mechanics in Melbourne , and you won ! :] I can see why you get such good feedback from customers. Edited 13/05/11 04:02 PM by Dagabond Quote removed....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now