dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/11 03:59 AM Posted 24/04/11 03:59 AM Has anyone in Vic got a sunroof in an FG that I can meet up with?I just want to have a look and see what it feels like before I hand over my hard earned..Pm me please
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 15d Posted 24/04/11 06:34 AM Posted 24/04/11 06:34 AM yeah I'd be interested in this too.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/11 01:05 PM Posted 24/04/11 01:05 PM Apparently a sunroof chops through one of the 3 main roof structure supports on the FG with the new roof design. I wouldn't bother with one unless you enjoy body flex
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/11 09:49 PM Author Posted 24/04/11 09:49 PM I had the same concern in my last car, was told a main support went across there, turned out to be a thin coat hanger thing. Sunroof would have made it better. Anyone seen inside the FG roof?
TonyD Member 41 Member For: 16y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 24/04/11 11:19 PM Posted 24/04/11 11:19 PM A G6 down the road from me has a sunroof in it, and the guy who drives it looks like an Egyptian mummy so I doubt he has to worry about body flex too much =S
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 27/04/11 04:35 AM Posted 27/04/11 04:35 AM Couple pics of the sunroof install, its a funny thing to see someone gut and cut your new car....Pics pulled from my thread clickySunroof goes straight through a support - apparently makes it stronger as the sunroof frame is larger and stronger than the support it cuts. Don't know, was done a week old so don't have much to compare too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now