dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/03/11 11:08 PM Posted 24/03/11 11:08 PM http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/revealed-margin-for-error-on-speeding-reduced-to-zero-20110324-1c8kp.htmlSo in the name of road safety the margin for error needs to be removed because we all know 3k over the limit can kill you.But this is my favourite part..."A spokeswoman for the RTA refused to confirm the tolerance and said it was a matter for the State Debt Recovery Office."So the road safety measures are determined by the State Debt Recovery Office, when did the state debt collectors become road safety experts?Now I'm hoping with a government change on Saturday (assuming libs win) things will improve as they have opposed most of the latest "Road Safety" measures but I'm not holding my breath.Time for a crusade on speed cameras?
Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 24/03/11 11:44 PM Posted 24/03/11 11:44 PM An opposition will always be against fines as they don't need to rely on them for the state budget, their tune will change after winning. I hear a brief report about this change this morning, I take it this will only affect the fixed cameras and mobile territories cameras not HWP radar / lidar?
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/03/11 12:06 AM Author Posted 25/03/11 12:06 AM Highway patrol radar is up to the operator, and generally they will not even bother pulling you over for doing few kms over the limit. Lowest I've ever heard anyone get fined for is 10, under that I'm sure most don't bother. Maybe one of the NSW police members can confirm.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/03/11 12:18 AM Posted 25/03/11 12:18 AM What an excellent idea...will surely save thousands of lives. Bunch of fckin morons, but yeah I wouldn't count on a change of govt making it any better. It's all about revenue first and perceived safety second, logic or reason doesn't enter the argument whatsoever.
Pete A Member 442 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill NSW Posted 25/03/11 01:37 AM Posted 25/03/11 01:37 AM I have heard recently that when the govt changes on the weekend that the cleaners will be put through the RTA. Cannot come fast enough
Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 25/03/11 02:09 AM Posted 25/03/11 02:09 AM I hope it wasnt from that interview Andrew Stoner (shadow roads minister) did with his indignant outrage at the RTA, I could already see the $$ in his eyes, KACHING!
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 22d Posted 25/03/11 09:23 AM Posted 25/03/11 09:23 AM It ends tomorrow night.Entire RTA car hating cycle-Nazi executive out. New requirement for all RTA executives:must have a current licensemust own a carmust drive at least 15,000km per year in NSWThere is nothing like eating your own dog food to understand how it really tastes.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 25/03/11 11:46 PM Posted 25/03/11 11:46 PM Move along, nothing to see here up in qld. Move along.So revenue from the fines has increase ten gazillion percent. And your roads are still crap. Your rego and insurance premiums higher than ever. And nothing will change. You are the new cash cow for the Fed heads.Like they are doing in the UK. Spray paint the bastards. Vandalize them. Crap on them after a big night on the beer and curry.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/03/11 07:53 AM Author Posted 27/03/11 07:53 AM Well we've got the change of government, lets see if it makes a difference I'd like to think it will but not expecting too much...
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 28/03/11 07:36 AM Posted 28/03/11 07:36 AM Im with you on this one.It is just over the top now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now