Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 17d
Posted

I have recently purchased a low km fg xr6 turbo in viper. Loving it!!

But the previous owner must have been using steel wool to wash the car as it has swirls in the paint already. Only 12 months old. They aren't bad, but noticeable. I have a wedding coming up and I would love to get it back to showroom shine for before the wedding. Any ideas on the best products methods to use to get it back to showroom condition?? I have been told meguiars products are pretty good. ScratchX I believe. If anyone could help as to which products to use it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

just go get a professional detail. Your gonna pay $$ for the products as it is and save yourself the labour.

  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted

Forget Scratch X, you will need megs pro range 105 and 205 if your going down the meguires route. I much prefer Menzerna products and will give you a finish that is genuine with swirls removed. Over the shelf Megs have their place but you can do a lot better for your money.

You will need a machine to apply and work the polish either a random orbital or rotary. Be sure you know what your doing though with the later or it will end in tears.

After the polish you will need to clean the paint with IPA and or a paint cleaner to remove all polishing oils that will prevent waxes and sealants sticking to the paint. Finally you will need a good sealant to give you some protection and a wax to give you a killer look. Look at Zaino or Wolfgang for sealants and if you want a wax that really depends on what you want to spend. You can skip the sealant and go straight to the wax but you need to reapply it ever couple of months to keep the paint protected. Sealants still give a great look if a little sterile in comparison but you get months and month of protection.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

yep I strongly reccomend getting a pro detail.

you are looking at $250+ for just a basic machine polisher. $200 + for 3 step polish, then another hundred or so for the odds and ends such as cloths, sealents etc etc. I spent about 500-600 setting muself up, and I still need more stuff.

just pay a pro to do it...trust me :spoton:

congrats on the new purchase too

put some pics up after a good detail

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...