clark522 Legacy Donating Member 128 Member For: 16y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/03/11 03:24 AM Author Posted 09/03/11 03:24 AM thanks dule for giving me a proper explanation. I was speaking to dion again this morning and he said it wont overboost and if it does it might go to 7 psi and said that the computer will adjust the settings for it, so im pretty confident in what he is saying. But if it starts playing up ill get it changed back to stock. Ive just ordered a boost gauge and afr gauge so I can keep an eye on things
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/03/11 03:28 AM Posted 09/03/11 03:28 AM Just be careful with it, and your tuner is a bit too confident for my liking (just a thought)
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 09/03/11 04:19 AM Posted 09/03/11 04:19 AM oh is your car stockish with stock boost? Here I am thinking its tuned at big psi and it will be spiking to 20+. relax, it will be fine.
Kv! Legacy Donating Member 1,132 Member For: 16y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 09/03/11 05:07 AM Posted 09/03/11 05:07 AM Dude, why don't you just save up some coin, get everything done all at once? I mean what benefits are you going to have with just running a bigger exhaust, Without a tune? may as well save up for some injectors aswell.If I was you, I'd want my car to be safe as possible at all times, not worrying about overboosting, pinging and all that other sh*t while drivingLol at *Beep* pussying out, after what op stated
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 18d Gender: Male Posted 09/03/11 05:10 AM Posted 09/03/11 05:10 AM Hi mate, anything that involves the cat being high flowed/taken out would be safer at least with a check over, you mightn't need a tune - I wouldn't drive it hard until you do. My mostly stock T now runs no mufflers (only resonators) on the stock cat and just found out that nothing changed at all in terms of tuning (as it was just cat-back - this is of course other than going slightly better, and sounding much better!). I do know of people just with stock exhausts but high flowing cats that have had over-boosting problems issues which is $$$ dangerous.I think you should be fine as your car is not highly modded - but I am suprised like others here that you were advised to have only the single 3inch, I doubt it would flow better than standard (maybe not as good). Best of luck with it. Cheers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now