bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 09/11/03 11:40 AM Posted 09/11/03 11:40 AM Try this? http://www.motoquipe.com.au
DavoXT DavoXT Member 129 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: 1500km north of Perth Posted 18/11/03 11:55 AM Author Posted 18/11/03 11:55 AM Well my new MTEC blubs arrived today from the USA .Fitted one h4 and one h7 to the the left side and went for a drive and I must say the light is only a little brighter around 20% but not 50% as was advertised.The new light was a lot whiter then the stock on the other side.I have taken some photos so you can see the difference.I also had to adjusted the headlight down some as it was around 3 inch's higher then the stock bulb on my garage wall.They ended up at only $42.00 for both sets.
DavoXT DavoXT Member 129 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: 1500km north of Perth Posted 18/11/03 12:00 PM Author Posted 18/11/03 12:00 PM Photo number two is not as good as the first one but you can still see the difference.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 18/11/03 12:15 PM Posted 18/11/03 12:15 PM Be interesting to hear your impressions out on the road.High beam & low beam improvements or otherwise.Also whether you have glare problems resulting in oncoming vehicles flashing you.Hopefully all will be fine....
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/11/03 10:49 PM Posted 18/11/03 10:49 PM Don't know anything about the MTEC globes but I fitted Arctic Blue globes to my old car and found the light to be very white but in wet and dark conditions it almost looked as though I was driving around with my lights off and the globes only lasted six months so I went back to the Plus 30's or 50's can't remember now and was much happier with the all round performance and they last alot longer and are half the price.As I said I know nothing about the MTEC's, just sharing my experience, hope everything goes well for you DavoXT.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 20/11/03 10:42 PM Posted 20/11/03 10:42 PM ALXR6T>I had the exact same experience with those Artic Blue globes in the Prado about 3 yrs ago.Good reult in dry weather, but when it rained for a week during winter, and I was travelling both to & from work 50kms each way in the dark, I turfed the bulbs for the originals...
Guest P'cisT Guests Posted 21/11/03 03:59 AM Posted 21/11/03 03:59 AM Seems like you got a good deal for them MTECs Davo. For those that don't know, these are like the best brand you can get!
DavoXT DavoXT Member 129 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: 1500km north of Perth Posted 21/11/03 01:59 PM Author Posted 21/11/03 01:59 PM Ok just went for a 50km drive in middle of nowhere to test the Mtec globes and my first impression while driving through town was that they are little duller then stock.It sounds a little funny but while using just low beam the street lights seem to defuses the white light that these globes produce.My wife dumped me on the side of the road (something she been wanting to do for a while) drove off for a couple of km and turn around and drove towards me and all I can say is these globes a bloody the whitest I have ever seen, I mean bloody nappie san white people.You will need to adjust the light right all people will be flashing you all the time.Once out on the open road with no street lights I found the low beam to be average with the same spread and reach as the stock globes.But the colour of the light was like a very bright full moon.So hows the high beam bingo that better very good spread and reach better then stock globes.I think the H7 is a bloody great globe but the H4 are down on watts on the low beam side and just passible on the high beam.It also took me a while for my eyes to adjust to the new colour.I can recommend the H7 55w globes but you will need a higher wattage with the H4s for the open road.
Guest beaver1 Guests Posted 23/11/03 07:32 AM Posted 23/11/03 07:32 AM hi these mtec h4 globes are not the best I would not recommend to any one. I have tried them in xr6t and may as well had my lights turned off. if you want a real good globe try piaa I put them in it was 100% better but thay are not cheap $220 for the set for h4 $250 h7 $190 h3 and thay are called xtreme white in the piaa light range.
Guest blueXRT Guests Posted 23/11/03 08:25 AM Posted 23/11/03 08:25 AM I have Philips crystal vision in H4 and the fog lights, they costs approx $95 for each set. Very happy, my requirements were to improve the average lighting the stock globes produce and improve the look. 2 out of 2 the light is much better, they have a slight blue light also which goes well with the blueprint
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now