Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/01/11 04:22 AM Posted 27/01/11 04:22 AM I went to change tunes last night using my xcal 3, and it hung up part way through doing the initial download of the current tune...It then came up with an error message 1034 saying to revert the car to stock if it will not start!!!! Which to my relief the car started fine, and continues to run using the base tune it had loaded at the time.I tried several times, to load either of the other 2 tunes loaded on the box, and as soon as I enter the custom tune mode, the error comes up straight away, not allowing me to proceed.Im guessing the box has a fault and needs to be reset / reflashed? Im hesitant to try and load the stock tune, before trying to load a custome tune, as I have Nizpro injectors and hiflow cat, cooler etc, so I doubt the car would even start, and I'd be stuck..anyone experienced this? I've searched online and including this site and come up with nothing.Didn't want to bother my tuner if there was a simple reset / fix?Gav
BF6 Member 333 Member For: 15y 11m 1d Gender: Male Posted 04/04/11 03:37 AM Posted 04/04/11 03:37 AM I went to change tunes last night with mine and it says system not found please reload system! Im sending mine back to my tuner so he hopefully sort it out. I'll let ya know what he says
joe@cms Member 129 Member For: 17y 3m 20d Gender: Male Posted 04/04/11 12:17 PM Posted 04/04/11 12:17 PM have you had your car back to ford for anything recently ?? or try to flash another x3 in trying to find something out??Joe
BF6 Member 333 Member For: 15y 11m 1d Gender: Male Posted 07/04/11 02:16 AM Posted 07/04/11 02:16 AM Well my xcal is stuffed and I didnt even get to use it after my tune was finished. My tuner sent it back to herrods and of course the response was "never seen this before". Cut a longer story short there going to send a new one to my tuner so he can put all my tunes on there and send it out to me! But for now I'm stuck driving around on my 400rwkw tune.....not that that's not a bad thing!
KWIK F6 Legacy Donating Member 526 Member For: 17y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/04/11 09:17 AM Posted 07/04/11 09:17 AM That sucks mate...must have been a chinese made one...least they are replacing it for you...
BF6 Member 333 Member For: 15y 11m 1d Gender: Male Posted 08/04/11 03:16 AM Posted 08/04/11 03:16 AM Yeah Bruce reckons he should have a new one today. I'm almost out of e85 and would mind just running 98 but can't change the tune :(
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 18/05/11 02:12 PM Posted 18/05/11 02:12 PM How did you go Full Monty?My xcal 3 has just done exactly this.Is the xcal3 stuffed?
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 19/05/11 05:22 AM Posted 19/05/11 05:22 AM I called Herrod today, turns out the car battery voltage was too low.Hooked the car upto a charger, flashed back to standard, then was able to download the custom tunes again.Kinda weird as the car turns over fine
astroinc New Member 23 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Posted 17/09/11 03:11 AM Posted 17/09/11 03:11 AM Same thing happened to me this week. Got an error1034 when I tried to reload my custom tune. I am going back to see Bruce on Monday to see if he can figure it out. Do you have to pull out the heater fuses etc?
quadie Legacy Donating Member 720 Member For: 20y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook,NSW Posted 22/09/11 12:36 PM Posted 22/09/11 12:36 PM there is a tech bulliten o the SCT about this error and there fix is to attach a battery charger!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now