xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 19/01/11 12:15 AM Posted 19/01/11 12:15 AM Like the title says, I am looking at a 255 for the back, but wanted to know what I can go to safely for the back. A 255 would be good as I run a 245 on the front, but if I can go largely safely then I will.CheersCarl
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/01/11 01:03 AM Posted 19/01/11 01:03 AM 255 fine.. what size rim? If 17, could go 265... 18 - 255 and 19 - 255...
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 19/01/11 02:53 AM Posted 19/01/11 02:53 AM I fit a MT etstreet 275 on my 8".
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/01/11 03:20 AM Posted 19/01/11 03:20 AM I fit a MT etstreet 275 on my 8".[/quoteHe states "safely"...MTs in 275/40/17 are recommended to go on a 9.5 to 10.5 inch rim... Min 9 inch...Don't be surprised when you go round a corner when cruising and the sidewall of the tyre falls out
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 19/01/11 03:47 AM Author Posted 19/01/11 03:47 AM 255 fine.. what size rim? If 17, could go 265... 18 - 255 and 19 - 255...Sorry guys they would be for a 19*8.5 rim...
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/01/11 05:17 AM Posted 19/01/11 05:17 AM Definitely 255 mate... Any wider and it will cause you trouble. Why not just keep with 245 so you can rotate? Extra 1cm won't make any difference... Better off buying a staggered set 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with 245/275 combo...
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 19/01/11 07:22 AM Posted 19/01/11 07:22 AM I still have no idea how the et streets 275 fit on a stock 8" rim and people run constant 10's with mass power in our tanks on them and noone has blow outs etc (that im aware of). Meh...im sure ill be the first as in everything...safely id go 245 then with a street tyre. If you have to big of a tyre and height of the tyre variable comes in, when your mashing the pedal the wall of the tyre is...umm...how do I explain this... floppy? Someone who has an idea of wtf im taking about feel free to explain.Just cause you can fit a wide tyre on the rim, doesnt mean its actually a better result/takeoff/launch etc if it hangs over the rim or too big.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/01/11 07:48 AM Posted 19/01/11 07:48 AM Unless your going like 275+ I don't see the point, I was gonna go staggered but then though 245's will do the job on the street and look after the driveline a little better too.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 11d Gender: Male Posted 19/01/11 01:14 PM Posted 19/01/11 01:14 PM different brands of tyres are different widths.... on my motorbike a 260 metzler was narrower than a 250 dunlop on the same rim, same with some car tyres.... stick with a quality factory size, a 255 in the correct profile isnt common, un common sizes cost $$$$ over popular fitment sizes....275 is a no go, the spastics fitting my tyres couldn't seem to get them to fit properly, then I had a look and they were trying to fit 275's to the front 8.5" rims.... idiots
ba brett Member 4 Member For: 16y 3m 23d Posted 26/01/11 01:08 AM Posted 26/01/11 01:08 AM (edited) what profile tyres are people talking about here? I used to have 275 50 14 on a 8 inch rim, loved to look and wind up I got off the line with them on a old panel van I had. I have just picked up some 20 8.5 rims and was looking at fitting some 275 30 20 tyres on it maybe 35 profile to the rear of the ba. do they fit in the wheel tub? Edited 26/01/11 01:09 AM by ba brett
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now