Fg Interceptor

XR6TURBST5

• Member For: 17y 10m 17d

Does anyone know about the new FG XR6 Turbo highway patrol cars the cops have got?

They are equipt with BA Typhoon wheels, Brembo brakes ect

They would be worth a look later on down the track.

Thanks Josh

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 16d

Some members own them already mate. F6's are kicking around now too. Not sure how much XR's will/are going for, but I saw a post saying F6's were going for around mid thirties. That would be my pick. Hope the XR chasers don't go for stupid money (sub 25's) or it will begin to screw over resale values. Good if you want to upgrade I guess, but crap for people that bought a new FG for 40+. This was one of my biggest concerns crossing from the 'dark side'. My mates gave me heaps of sh*t about my 'taxi' and how much money I was going to rip up.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Member For: 17y 10m 17d

Yeah I knew they had F6's but whats with the XR6T's and old f6 wheels? do they want bigger tyres for more grip? or is it for the big brembos?

Edited by RHR

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 16d

yep, brakes. Even the upgrade XRTFG 19's don't clear the brembos. Strange they don't fit current FPV wheels - must have got a good deal for the old stock.

Edited by RHR

• Member For: 19y 10m 7d

I would say they went with the BA Typhoon wheels because that was the last wheel FPV/Ford made that cleared brembo's that were in 18s. The cops don't want to run 19's due to the cost of the tyres, I don't think they wanted to run 18s either, they wanted 17s but Ford said brembos and 18s or sh1t brakes and 17s. Good choice NSW Police.

I reckon the typhoon wheels suit the FG. I will be looking at what is at auction in the next couple of months to see what T's and F6's will be there. Some bargains to be had if you find the right one.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 24d

Hey samboc how much did you pay if you dont mind? good price? what auctions?

Not a problem.

Paid $31,990 form a dealer.

Had been trying to sell my old BF MK2 XR6 privately but did not get any nibbles. Decided I had to trade if it was going to happen.

Very happy with the car. The brakes alone are worth it.

Build date is Oct 2009 . Tyres were new and rego till 30th June 2011. Full service history and balance of new car warranty.

Have to say that the detailing by the dealer was very ordinary.

Have since found out that it was auctioned through 'manheimfowles' for 27/28K . Guess the dealers have to make a quid too - I'm happy with that.

The body is dead straight, only a couple of stone chips and a scratch on the roof from the lights, and 4 screw holes with ordinary repair for the lights.